New recipes, same old rails.
- Powered Rail
- Detector Rail
- Boarding RailWhen powered these rails act just like your standard Booster Rail, but when unpowered they will grab and hold onto any cart that passes over them. And unlike Booster Rails, the cart can’t be pushed off. Additionally, when placed the rail will have an arrow on one side. When an unpowered rail with a minecart on it becomes powered, it will launch the cart in that direction.
- Holding RailSimilar to a Boarding Rail, only difference is this rail will instead launch the cart in the direction it was travelling when it arrived.
- One-Way RailWhen unpowered these rail behave like normal rails. But when they receive power they will reverse the momentum of any cart travelling in the wrong direction. Some momentum is lost of course.
- Control RailThese rails act like weak boosters that only boost carts in one direction. Any carts travelling in the opposite direction will be gradually slowed. Powering them will reverse the direction of the rail. They are cheap to make and will propagate power for up to sixteen blocks in either direction.
- Launch RailMaybe not very realistic, but a ton of fun anyway. This rail will launch any cart that passes over it into the air. Launch force can be adjusted by right-clicking on the rail with a Crowbar.
- Priming RailThis rail will light the fuse of any explosive cart that passes over it. Fuse length can be adjusted by right-clicking on the rail with a Crowbar. Fuse length is measured in 1/20ths of a second.
- Junction RailThis rail will allow you to place “diamond” junction crossings.
- Switch RailThis rail will allow you to create true turnout switches when combined with a Switch Motor.
- Elevator RailOriginal code, concept, and texture by DizzyDragon
This rail is unique in that is can be placed vertically. When powered, it will power all the rails below it. Powered rails will lift minecarts up, unpowered rails will lower minecarts down. When a minecart reaches the top it will be pushed onto any normal rail located on the block above. The rail also doubles as a ladder. More info can be found on DizzyDragon’s webpage (most of it still applies).
This collection of rails is a little different from normal rails. Any carts travelling on these rails can travel three times faster than normal, but only in a straight line. Additionally, attempting to leave these rails without first slowing down will likely result in death and destruction. Collisions are bad too. Please sign the wavier before boarding.
See the wiki for more information.
- Speed RailThe basic high speed rail. They are made from a special iron-gold laminate rail mounted on stone sleepers and are capable of handling up to three times the speed of normal rails.
- Speed Switch RailThis rail will allow you to create true turnout switches when combined with a Switch Motor. Attempting to turnout at high speed is not recommended.
- Speed Booster RailThese rails will boost the cart when powered or slow them to normal minecart speed if they are not.
- Speed Transition RailThese directional rails will only boost carts in the direction of the arrows and only when powered. Carts travelling in the opposite direction will be slowed to normal minecart speeds.
For the leisurely tour routes, these new rails will give your passengers time to admire the scenery.
- Wooden RailThe basic wooden rail. Capable of making corners and traversing slopes. Functionally equivalent to normal rails, only with a lower maximum speed (for safety reasons).
- Wooden Switch RailThis rail will allow you to create true turnout switches when combined with a Switch Motor.
- Wooden Booster RailFunctionally equivalent to Powered Rails, but in wooden rail form.
- Wooden Junction RailFunctionally equivalent to Junction Rails, but in wooden rail form.
- Tank CartThis cart can store and transport any Buildcraft liquid. It is filled/emptied at a Liquid Loader/Unloader. It’s capacity is the same as a Buildcraft Tank, 16 buckets.
- TNT CartThe ever popular explosive combination returns. Handle with care. Will explode if jarred or lit on fire. Great for parties. Can be used as a substitute for cannonballs or fireworks in a pinch. Fuse length can be adjust with a string. Fuse length is measured in 1/20ths of a second.
- Tunnel BoreBores a 3×3 tunnel and lays rails, see the wiki for more information and the Bore Head recipes.
If you are using any mods that add blocks to terrain gen, you will probably need to edit the Railcraft.cfg file and add their block IDs to “tweaks.minecarts.bore.mineableBlocks”. Ores added to the Forge Ore Dictionary are automatically mineable.
- Concrete BlockA simple block that matches Stone Posts.
- Wooden PostA multi-purpose wooden framework capable of being used to create trestles, signal mounts, bridges, fences, telephone poles, etc…
- Iron PostA multi-purpose iron framework capable of being used to create trestles, signal mounts, bridges, fences, etc…
Can be painted different colors by surrounding any kind of dye with eight iron posts of any color.
- Stone PostA multi-purpose stone framework capable of being used to create trestles, signal mounts, bridges, fences, telephone poles, etc…
Due to the complexity of Signals, most of the information is only available on the Railcraft Wiki. Signalling would be a good place to start.
- Coke OvenThe Coke Oven is an integral part of Railcraft as it produces Coal Coke and Creosote Oil when fed Coal. It is constructed out of 26 Coke Oven Bricks as a 3×3 cube with the center block missing.
- Detector BlockThese Detector Blocks will detect any minecart that passes adjacent to them. They can be placed under or beside rails. They will only provide power in the direction with the light.Spoiler:
- Detector – StorageThis detector only triggers on storage carts.
- Detector – PoweredThis detector only triggers on powered carts.
- Detector – AnyThis detector triggers on any cart.
- Detector – PlayerThis detector only triggers on carts with a player in them.
- Detector – EmptyThis detector only triggers on empty carts that can be ridden.
- Detector – Mob
This detector only triggers on carts with hostile mobs in them.
- Detector – AnimalThis detector only triggers on carts with animals in them. Has a GUI that allows you to select certain animals.
- Detector – ExplosiveThis detector only triggers on explosive carts.
- Detector – AdvancedUses a GUI to select which carts it detects.
- LoaderThis block will fill any storage cart beneath it with the items from an adjacent block with an inventory (Chest, Furnaces, Unloaders, etc…). Buildcraft pipes can also supply items directly to the Loader’s own hidden, internal inventory slot. When the cart is full the Loader will send out a redstone signal. The recommended setup is a Boarding Rail placed beneath the Loader. This rail will be automatically powered by the Loader. If you right-click on the Loader it will open a GUI with two options: “Wait if cart is empty”, and “Wait till cart is full”. If “Wait if cart is empty” is true, then empty carts will wait at the loader until they’ve received at least one item. If “Wait till cart is full” is true, then the cart will wait until it is completely full before moving on.
- UnloaderThis block will empty the contents of a storage minecarts inventory into a hidden, internal inventory slot. From there the items will be moved to adjacent blocks with inventories (Chest, Furnaces, Loaders, etc..) or can be piped out using Buildcraft. It will only empty carts that pass over the Unloader. The recommended setup is a Boarding Rail placed on top of the Unloader. The Unloader will send out a redstone signal when there is nothing to unload from the cart. If you right-click on the Loader it will open a GUI with one option: “Wait till cart is empty”. If “Wait till cart is empty” is true, then the cart will wait until it is completely empty before moving on, even if there is no more room to place items.
- Switch MotorCombine with Switch Rails to create true turnout switches.
- Cart DispenserTriggers on a positive redstone pulse and can store up to three carts. When triggered it will collect any minecart in front of it, or if there is no minecart and it has a cart in the inventory, it will place a cart on the rail.
- Liquid LoaderThis block will fill Tank Carts below it with any liquid piped into it. It has an internal capacity equivalent to four buckets. Otherwise it functions similar to your basic Loader.
- Liquid UnloaderThis block will empty Tank Carts above it into its internal reservoir. From there the liquid can be piped out with a Buildcraft Waterproof Pipes. It has an internal capacity equivalent to four bucket. Additional, if you put a bucket in the Filter slot of the GUI, the Unloader will only empty carts carrying the same liquid as the bucket. Otherwise it functions similar to your basic Unloader
- CrowbarA multi-purpose tool any rail engineer should carry. It makes removal of old rails a breeze and even works on Detector Blocks and Loaders. Additionally, right-clicking on a rail will allow you to adjust the rail. Most of the time that means reversing the rail’s direction, but some rails will open a GUI. Right-clicking blocks that have an orientation will turn the block to face the side clicked on.
- Wooden TieYour basic railroad tie. Created using Creosote Oil, which you get from cooking Coal or Wood in a Coke Oven.
- Wooden RailbedEvery rail need support.
- Stone TieA more sturdy sleeper for more advanced rails.
- Stone RailbedStone is better than wood.