Jungle Run is a variant on our previous map DeathRun, which is based on the Team Fortress 2 gamemode. Jungle Run is a mini game where the players have to complete a track, full of traps. It’s not just an ordinary jumping-puzzle, there is also a so-called activator. You’ll need at least 2 players to start a round. The players are separated into two teams:
The runners’ goal is to complete the track. The number of players in this team depends on the total number of players in the server. If you play with more than 2 players, it’s most likely that you will play most of the time in this team. If one Runner makes it to the end, the entire team will win.. and the runners! When a Runner dies, he will respawn in a spectator room.
The activator is the person that stands on the green circle, if no person is on the green circle the activator is randomly chosen from all players. His goal is to stop the Runners from completing the track. To do so, the Activator has to push buttons to enable traps on the track, but these traps can only be activated once so you have to time them well. As soon as the Activator starts running, the Runners will be released. If all Runners are dead, the Activator wins.
Customize the game:
Turn the in-game soundtrack on and off.
And choose between day and night mode:
- Turn PvP off
- Don’t break any blocks
- Use the resourcepack
- Turn commandblocks on in server.properties
- We recommend turning the ingame volume a bit down, because the soundtrack is a bit loud.
- We recommend playing on a bukkit server with no plugins, because vanilla servers cause problems with the in-game soundtrack
- Don’t use plugins if you are running a bukkit server, for example ‘Essentials’ ruins the teleport system
How to install:
- Download the map.
- Extract file.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/saves folder.
- Drag map folder into it.
- Start minecraft.
- Enjoy and play.