Bed Bugs Mod adds some tools (such as a button to the sleeping GUI and a command), allowing a player to kick themselves from the server when sleeping, allowing you to escape beds when stuck in them. This fixes the annoying issue of being stuck in a bed, a vanilla Minecraft bug, without having to completely restart the game.
When you typically press ‘Leave Bed’, that is exactly what you expect to happen. And, assuming that is the case (as it usually is), then this mod won’t do a thing, staying nice and unobtrusive.
If however, you press the ‘Leave Bed’ button and you don’t leave the bed, a button will pop up, allowing you to kick yourself from the server.
- If you were playing Singleplayer
- You will be redirected back to the Singleplayer world selection screen.
- If you were playing on a server
- You will be redirected back to the Multiplayer server selection screen.
The button also has a tooltip describing its actions in-game, to explain what it does when clicked. It will appear after hovering your mouse over the ‘Kick Me’ button for a short while.
(Note that the player goes from being stuck in a bed to back in-game ready to play in only 5 seconds.)
(Requires Bed Bugs to be installed on the server if using a dedicated server/playing Multiplayer)
Bed bugs just adds one command (with tab completion).
/bedbugs kick [player]
This kicks the player specified. If no one is specified, it will attempt to kick the command sender.
Client/Server Side Only:
You don’t necessarily have to install Bed Bugs on both the client and the server. You will probably just want to install it on both, but here are the details for those interested:
- Client (with Bed Bugs) -> connecting to -> Server (with Bed Bugs)
- Both the button and command works.
- Probably the best and simplest option.
- Client (with Bed Bugs) -> connecting to -> Server (without Bed Bugs)
- Only the button works.
- Useful as any client can connect and still use the button without the server needing to add any mods.
- Client (without Bed Bugs) -> connecting to -> Server (with Bed Bugs)
- Only the command works.
- Useful as the command can still be used to escape from beds, and it doesn’t require the client to install any more mods.
How to install Bed Bugs Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.