Compact Machines Mod adds one simple game mechanic: Small rooms inside of blocks. It basically gives you the ability to build your contraptions inside of a single block.
Each side of a Compact Machine has a small buffer for items, fluids and Redstone Flux allowing the room to interact with the outside. Applied Energistics channels and ProjectRed bundled cables are supported as well. The room has the corresponding counterparts on its walls.
How to use:
- Craft yourself a compact machine
- Right click it with a “Personal Shrinking Device”
- Use the interfaces in the walls to access the buffers
- Right click again to leave the block.
Blocks and Items:
Compact Machines, 6 sizes
Surround a World Resizing Cube with one of the following materials:
- Wood gives you a 3x3x3 room
- Iron, 5x5x5
- Gold, 7x7x7
- Obsidian, 9x9x9
- Diamond, 11x11x11
- Nether Star, 13x13x13
Personal Shrinking Device
Required to enter/leave a block. Don’t lose yours while you are working inside of a machine or you might get trapped.
Use it to link two machines to the same room. They share the same content and buffers. Both machines must be upgraded with a netherstar and must be of the same size. You cannot entangle two used machines, i.e. the target machine must never have been entered before.
Stuff only required for crafting
You only need these to craft the two things above.
World Resizing Interface
World Resizing Cube
Atom Shrinking Module
Atom Enlarging Module
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.