MetaMorph (from Metamorphosis) is a survival mod based around shape shifting/morphing which supports multiplayer. Metamorph is basically a mod with functionality like Morph or Shape Shifter Z mods.
To morph into a mob, you have to acquire a morph first. To acquire a morph, you have to kill an entity. So basically, to turn into chicken you have to kill a chicken. In creative, however, you can choose whatever mob you want.
Every morph you equip or apply grant you different look, size, and health capacity. Except those properties, every morph also has special abilities, attack and action.
Abilities give special properties to morphs. Chicken morph will slowly fall and get no fall damage. Spider and CaveSpider morphs will be able to climb on the wall. Bat morph will be able to fly and has a night vision.
Attack is an effect which is applied onto attacked entity. For example, if you hit some entity while being in CaveSpider morph, your target will gain poison potion effect. If you’ll hit an entity while being in VillagerGolem morph, you’ll throw your target high in the air.
Action is a special ability that is triggered by “action key” (which is “V” by default). Examples: in Rabbit morph, you’ll jump high; in Creeper morph, you’ll explode like a creeper, and so on.
- Bat (fly, night vision)
- Cave Spider (poison attack, climbing up the walls)
- Chicken (glide)
- Horse (higher jump)
- Polar bear
- Spider (climbing up the walls)
- Squid (breath underwater, faster swim)
- Neutral mobs
- Enderman (free teleportation, water allergy)
- Iron Golem (super knockback)
- Snow Golem
- Zombie Pigman (fire immunity)
- Hostile mobs
- Blaze (fly, shoot fire, fire immunity)
- Creeper (explode and kill yourself)
- Ghast (fly, shoot fire, fire immunity)
- Guardian (breath underwater, faster swim)
- Magma cube (jumping)
- Skeleton (sun allergy)
- Slime (jumping)
- Witch (throw random negative splash potion)
- Wither Skeleton (wither attack, fire immunity)
- Zombie (sun allergy)
The abilities which has been checked, are in the game’s code, but doesn’t likely are functional yet. They’re implemented basically.
- Fly (just like in creative)
- Glide (slow down fall)
- Breath underwater (infinite time in the water)
- Swim (faster water swim)
- Allergies (get damage from)
- Snow walk (places thing layer of snow under the player)
- Climb up the wall (when you’re near the wall you can climb it)
- Fire immunity
- Fall damage prevention (for jumping mobs)
- Jumping (like slimes, you can’t just walk)
- Night vision (bat)
- Wither (wither skeleton)
- Super knockback (iron golem)
- Poison (cave spider)
- Throw negative potion (press
keyto be like a witch)
- Shoot snow ball (press
keyto shoot snow ball)
- Teleport (press
- Shoot fire (press
keyto shoot fire)
- Creeper suicide action
keyto explode and kill yourself)
- Jump (higher jump)
How to play:
To morph into other creature, you must to acquire a morph first. To acquire a morph, you have to kill a mob, then a ghost of this mob will appear (that’s a morph), and when you’ll pick it up, you’ll acquire a morph. Only vanilla* mobs have their own morphs.
Once you have at least one morph, you’re able to transform into that morph. Use “[” and “]” keys for advancing through the list of morphs. Use “enter” key for transforming into selected morph.
You retain your morphs even after death. In creative, you can select any available morph via “Creative Morph Menu” which can be opened by pressing “B” key in the game.
The outer look of morphs are quite limited, so you cannot kill a child pink sheep and turn into a child pink sheep. Instead, you’ll turn into a white adult sheep.
How to install MetaMorph Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.