Netherrocks Mod adds six 6 new ores to the Nether, each with different strengths and weaknesses. These six ores are: Fyrite, Malachite, Ashstone, Illumenite, Dragonstone and Argonite. Some of the new ores feature some sweet armor and tool effects, such as fire/lava immunity, auto-smelting pickaxe, no fall damage, etc. Also includes armor and tool sets for each ore (not all ores have BOTH an armor and tool set).
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge and SimpleCore API.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.
All the ID’s used by Netherrocks, including Block ID’s, Item ID’s, Achievement ID’s and the spawn rates and vein sizes of these ores. Follow the instructions in the spoiler below to change these ID’s, remember that if you have a save game with items and blocks, changing the ID’s of those items/blocks will cause them to disappear.
- Run Minecraft at least once with Netherrocks installed, then close it.
- Navigate to your .minecraft folder and open the config folder, and then the Netherrocks folder (“%appdata%.minecraftconfigNetherrocks”).
- Open config.txt with any text editor (although I recommend Notepad++)
- Search for the category of the ID you want to change. For example, ore blocks are under “ore blocks”, pickaxes are under “pickaxes”, and spawn rates are under “spawn rates”. It’s all fairly straight forward.
- Find the thing you want to change the ID of, for example Copper-Block, and change the number at the end of it. Block ID’s cannot be greater than 4096, while item ID’s should not be greater than about 28000.
- Save the file, and open Minecraft again. If all goes well, you should be able to play like normal.