Photoptics Mod adds Optical Instruments to minecraft, like telescopes. Currently it adds basic binoculars, which can be crafted by 4 glass panes on the edges, 3 iron ingots on the middle row in the crafting table, and basic handheld telescope, which can be crafted by putting a glass block on the middle of the first row, an iron block on the second row, a glass pane on the third row.
Golden/Diamond (Red/Green/Blue) binoculars and telescopes are added:
- Each of them have special colors to enhance your view.
- They uses recipes with gold / diamond ingots and blocks, and red/lime/cyan stained glass (pane).
Ultimate binoculars and telescopes are added:
- It has unbelievable magnification & light gathering power, to brighten up your view.
- Quite expensive, as one will need as ender pearl/eye and enchanting table as ingredients.
Observation Reward System
- Observation on certain celestial objects using handheld telescope will give you certain reward.
- Pressing F key (Shift+X key on 1.9.4) (by default) while directly looking at the object does this.
- The rewards are configurable, one can edit the list of object & reward commands match to modify the rewards!
Here are the basic binoculars and basic handheld telescope.
Configuration & Commands
You can configure rewards Repeatable with Wait Duration, or Limit the observation by number (e.g. Like only available for 3 times) using ‘/observe setlimit’, ‘/observe resetcount’, ‘/observe setwait’ commands. Just try setting them in reward commands:
- ‘/observe setlimit’ sets the limit number of observation for the player and object.
- ‘/observe resetcont’ resets the observation count for the player. This allows inifinitely repetitive observation take place.
- ‘/observe setwait’ sets the wait duration time before next observation. The time can be specified with unit ‘d’, ‘s’, ‘t’ where each means day, second, tick.
Reward commands may have these alternative parameters:
- @p : the observing player
- @o : the ID of the celestial object being observed
- @x, @y, @z : the x, y, z coordinate of the player
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install Stellar API.
- Download and install Stellar Sky Mod.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.