Vanilla Automation Mod adds things for automation and some other useful tools and tweaks.
The XP Hoppper
Picks up any xp orbs above it and fills them into provided bottles
The Filtered Hopper
Only picks up items matching the filter. Filter options are:
- Match NBT
- Match Mod id
- Match Meta
The Block Placer
Places blocks in a set distance (up to 16 blocks) with a given direction
The Description Tag
This item allows you to give other items descriptions.
First you have to name the description tag in the anvil. The name you give it will later be the description of other items.
Some things to note when you set the name in the anvil:
- Inserting ‘n’ will create a new line in the description
- Adding a ‘+’ at the beginning of the name will add the description to the existing one, without the plus it’ll overwrite the description
- Adding ‘++’ at the beginning of the name will add the description to the last line of any existing descripition
Here’s an image explaining how the formatting works:
Dispensers can now, when provided with the right item
- Shear sheep
- Dye sheep
- Attack entities
- Plant seeds
- Apply bonemeal on grass
- Break blocks
- Insert music discs into jukeboxes
- Name entities with nametags
The Poke Stick
Extends your reach while held. Uses tools from your inventory to break blocks faster
Gives detailed information. You can hover over items and blocks to go to their entry. All guide entries can be viewed in JEI.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.