Galacticraft is a mod that lets you travel to new planets with your own spaceship.
- Travel throughout the solar system!
- Create and customize your very own spaceship (customization coming soon)!
- Explore new planets and moons!
- SMP Support – Explore with your friends!
- Multiple language support!
- New mobs!
- Lots of new items and blocks!
- Dungeons (coming soon)!
- API to allow modders to add more content, including whole new solar systems and galaxies!
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install Render Player API pack
- Download Galacticraft Mod
- Minecraft Forge should be extracted into the jar first, Render Player API pack should be extracted into the jar after, Galacticraft .zip file should be placed in the “mods” folder in your .minecraft directory.
Copper Ore is found on Overworld, at all levels
Aluminium Ore is found below level 30 on Overworld and the Moon
Meteoric Iron ore has a 1 in 5 chance of dropping when you break a fallen meteor with a titanium pickaxe
Titanium Ore is found below level 20 on Overworld
The NASA Workbench is used to craft all spaceships (currently only one type), and other space vehicles such as Moon Buggys. Upon right-clicking the NASA workbench you will see the following interface:
All parts required for the vehicles can be found below.
The launch pad is required for the launch of any spacecraft. To allow a spaceship to be placed, there must be a 3 x 3 launch pad, as shown in the image below:
Portable Oxygen System
Oxygen Tanks are a player’s source of oxygen when exploring a planet. After pressing the Galacticraft Player inventory key (default “R”), a GUI appears with new slots for oxygen gear. The tanks are placed like so:
Also note that there are currently no ways of refilling oxygen tanks… This is not final and will be changed.
Here is a fully functioning Portable Oxygen System:
Rocket Fuel is required for the launch of all spacecraft.
Note this is most likely a temporary recipe.
You can access the Rocket Fuel GUI by pressing the “Open Spacecraft Inventory” button while sitting in the spacecraft, default F key.
Just like the Oxygen Tank system, there is also more permenant ways of breathing on other planets. This is the recommended system of staying alive for homes and bases throughout the Galaxy.
The Oxygen Collector is used to collect oxygen from nearby leaves (from trees). Once a Collector has been placed in the vacinity of enough leaves, it will blow fresh oxygen through adjacent Oxygen Pipes.
Oxygen pipes are used to connect various Oxygen Distribution and Manipulation devices.
The Oxygen Distributor, once connected to an Oxygen Pipe with sufficient oxygen flowing through it, will distribute the oxygen into a sphere of breathable oxygen blocks.
While wearing Sensor Goggles, the following interface will appear. Any mobs (not including other players) will appear a bright blue, which helps with sight of mobs on dark planets.
Sensor Goggles allow you to find ore blocks in a nearby radius, without being too overpowered.
With Advanced Mode off, as shown below, the interface will display where ore blocks ore located relative to player head rotation. Only ore within 3 blocks of the player will be displayed.
With Advanced Mode on, as shown below, the indicator also checks distance from player on the y-axis aswell. This is more useful, but will take a bit more getting used to.
To set up an Air Lock, place two Air Lock Frames on each side, and two on the top and bottom. Connect a redstone wire to the side frames and power the wires to enable the lock. More functionality will be added for this feature in the near future.
Aluminium Decoration Blocks
Solid Ingot Blocks
Parachutes are used to make safe landings on Planets and Moons. Coloring your parachute is purely aesthetic.
Claim your territory with a flag with your face on it! Flags are dyeable with all vanilla minecraft dyes.
- Added option to disable spaceship explosion for grief-prone servers.
- Fix model animation while moving on the moon.
- Added check for correct player instances.
- Fixed NullPointerException crash.