The vanilla Minecraft spider can often get lonely, and as an individual he is not such a deadly foe! But what if I told you there was a modification out there which expanded the developed the creepy crawlies in Minecraft! Welcome to the ‘More Spider Types’ Mod, it adds more than TEN different types of spider to Minecrafts lands. Each spider has a different set of traits and characteristics which make them unique and deadly in their own way!
More Spider Types Mod Main Features!
- The Bedrock Spider: The bedrock spider has ten hearts, hits for one, has an impressive eight armour and spawns anywhere under layer eight! It also drops 0-2 blocks of bedrock!
- The Frost Spider: The frost spider has ten hearts, hits for one and with the use of poison slows you down! It spawns in the Taiga only and drops 0-2 blocks of ice!
- The Ender Spider: The ender spider has fifteen hearts, hits for one, has no armour or poison! Water is the end spider’s kryptonite! It has a 33% chance to drop an eye of ender!
- The Spider Hunter: She has ten hearts, hits for one a half heart and has a one in eighteen chance of dropping a steel sword!
More Spider Types PROS and CONS
PROS: This mod is largely compatible with most of mods. Not only is it available to client single player but you can also install it on your server and freak out your friends! The installation of the mod is easy, and the vast array of spiders added into the game really bring a out a new dynamic.
CONS: Perhaps this mod could be developed so it continues to expand the dimension of other mobs, other than that it is a well rounded modification!
More Spider Types Mod Installation
- First of all, this mod requires Minecraft Forge API so install correctly! (Go here to download and install)
- Next, download the latest version of this mod and drag and drop the .zip files into your ‘mods’ folder of your Minecraft.jar