This mod gives some much needed love to vanilla caves, adds stalactites, stalagmites, vines, glowing mushrooms, icicles and there’s more to come. This mod is based off greyjusticar’s mod which was based on Dilla’s mod, hence the 3.
- Decorates caves to make them more interesting
- Stalactites and Stalagmites generate in caves.
- Stalagmites will only generate under stalactites.
- Stalactites, Stalagmites and vines generate dynamically and can be as long as you want (config option)
- Entities can get damaged when falling on stalagmites
- Different features depending on biome
- Stalactites and stalagmites in all biomes
- Vines on humid and jungle like biomes
- Icicles on cold biomes
- More water sources on wet biomes
- sand and sandstone generates on arid caves
- sandstone stalactites/stalagmites on arid biomes
- ice generates on frozen biomes
- iceshrooms on frozen caves
- stone stalactites/stalagmites drop cobblestone and they can be collected intact with silk touch
- sandstone stalactites/stalagmites drop sandstone and they can be collected intact with silk touch
- spiderwebs now generate on caves
- Glowing mushrooms and iceshrooms drop glowstone dust when destroyed and can be sheared
- Properties file with many options to customize the mod to your liking, change block ids, the frequency a certain feature occurs, length of vines and stalactites/stalagmites, etc.
- Compatible with ExtrabiomesXL
- skulls/heads spawn on dungeon chests
- skeleton skulls spawn rarely on caves
- Install Minecraft Forge.
- Download Wild Caves Mod zip file from the link at the bottom of this post
- Put Wild Caves Mod zip file into your /.minecraft/mods folder. Do not unzip it.
More posts of Wild Caves Mod :
Wild Caves Screenshots
Wild Caves Changelogs
- Changed and optimized many things in the code (slightly easier to update now)
- Reduced the damage received when falling on the stalactites to half (but they will more reliably apply the damage)
- Fixed sandstone stalactites not causing damage when falling on them
- Stalactites destroyed by the world now drop their items correctly
- Stalactites placed by the player now drop themselves if placed on an invalid position, instead of being destroyed (temporary fix)
- The algorithm to check if the stalactites can stay now checks if the whole structure is connected to a solid block
- Creative block pick works again
- Made stalactites solid blocks (they are pillars of stone after all, you shouldn’t be able to walk through them like plants)
- Changed the stalactite’s hardness to make them faster to mine (were harder than stone to break, now they’re easier/faster)
- Added the skulls/heads (except the whither skull) to the dungeon loot list (more incentives to explore the caves for dungeons)
- Skeleton skulls now generate on all caves. (the probability might need some tweaking)
- Added config option for the generation of skulls on caves