Thaumaturgy… which giveth certain order to make strange works, of the sense to be perceived and of men greatly to be wondered at.
Thaumaturgy is the capability of a magician to work miracles. A practitioner of thaumaturgy is a thaumaturge, thaumaturgist or miracle worker.
This is what this mod is all about – drawing magic from physical objects in the form of Essentia and reshaping it to perform miracles.
- Install Minecraft Forge (Modloader is NOT required – my mod uses the Forge modloader)
- Download this mod and place the zip into your Mods Directory.
Adding Thaumcaft world generation to existing worlds
Yes, you heard that right. You can add all the ores, trees and other worldgen features to existing worlds by changing a few things in your config files. Remember: this could be risky so always backup your saves beforehand.
- If this is the first time loading Thaumcraft with that save, you can leave the regen_key setting as ‘DEFAULT’ otherwise set it to anything else.
- You need to choose what to regenerate. I strongly recommend you set aura_nodes to ‘true’ if this is the first time you are doing this. Without the aura you won’t be able to do 99.9% of the things you could in Thaumcraft.
- Run the game. It will lag for a while and you should see some console spam about chunks being regenerated. This is fine – just wait it out. It shouldn’t take too long. If the world had been explored a lot you might see the message reappear every now and again. This is also normal.
- If, for some reason, you wish to do this again or somehow your savefile got corrupted and your aura nodes have gone missing, all you need to do is set the regen_key value to something else. Any word would do.
IMPORTANT: If you chose to generate TC ores and such in an existing world It is best to keep the config as-is. Do not switch everything off again after running the game or server once. As you explore chunks that have been explored in the past, but you haven’t visited yet the new TC will regen in them as well. If you turn it off before you get a chance to revisit them nothing will be genererated and you will have to do the regeneration from scratch to add it to those chunks which could cause doubling of ores and nodes.
More posts of Thaumcraft Mod :
The first thing you will need to craft is a wand. The first one available to you is the Wand of the Apprentice crafted as shown here:
Any type of shard can be used in the recipe.
You then place a bookshelf in the world and right click on it with the wand. This gives you the Thaumonomicon which explains almost everything else you will need to know about Thaumcraft.
- Update to 1.4.7
- Welcome to tier 3!
- Possible fix for corrupt nodeid count
- Thaumcraft monster worldspawns can now be disabled in the config settings
- Some server config settings will now be sent to the client whenever it connects
- Fixed crash when displaying aspects of items without actual aspects
- Added warded glass
- Warded stone, glass and arcane door is now set to be completely unbreakable even for the person that placed them. They can only be picked up by using a casting wand on them.
- Added iron and gold keys to grant others access to an arcane door. See your thaumonomicon for details.
- Added warded pressure plates (new research)
- Arcane levitators are now more responsive and individual levitators in a stack can be powered down to reduce the levitation height. Only levitators above (or below) the one that has been powered down will be counted for lift or fall distance
- Aura node rarity is now configurable.
- For texture pack makers: ss_core.png was getting a bit crowded so some stuff has been moved to ss_world.png
- Added another source of the aura aspect
- Added another source of the Mutatio aspect
- Golems no longer flee when damaged. It caused more problems than it prevented
- Added amber blocks and bricks. Blocks are crafted with 4 amber and amber bricks with 4 amber blocks. All of these can be converted back into amber.
- Rebalanced the casting wands (wand of the apprentice, adept and thaumaturge)
- Casting wands now have their own gui elements
- Changed the way data is stored for casting wands.
- Slowed casting wand recharge rates while in inventory. Wands now recharge at the same rate in both tables and the players inventory. Higher tier wands have higher recharge rates.
- *WARNING*: Due to these changes there is a very small chance that existing casting wands with damage might break. You may also need to remove any wands from crafting tables and hold them in your inventory for a moment before they will start working with the new system.
- In the ongoing battle to prevent data loss, research data is now saved with the players vanilla NBT data. As a happy side-effect this seems to solve the offline/online issue. \o/
- Aura data is now saved as part of the normal MC chunk data. As a result any kind of aura operations now only takes place on nodes in loaded chunks. This has already been true for the most part, but previously a small number of operations could still take place even in unloaded chunks.
- Added several new enchants – check your thaumonomicon for details. They do not require research to unlock.
Thaumcraft Old Versions
For Minecraft 1.4.5