GemsCraft adds some new Gems to your Minecraft. You can find:
- Black Diamond
With these, you can craft Gemstone Tools, Armor and also Storage Blocks.
The colored Gems can be only found naturally, up to 25 blocks above the Bedrock layer. Pyrite is generated up to 50 block above Bedrock, Black Diamonds will only spawn in the nether, 20 blocks above (the lower) Bedrock layer.
You can craft tools from all gems.
- Topaz: 550 uses
- Amethyst: 600 uses
- Sapphire: 650 uses
- Emerald: 700 uses
- Ruby: 750 uses
- Pyrite: 100 uses at Gold speed
- Black Diamond: 2125 uses at Ruby speed
You can craft armor from all gems except pyrite.
What you need if you find ores:
Ore breaking rules
You can enchant Gold and Diamonds into Diamonds and Black Diamonds
Black Diamond blocks can be lit (don’t worry, they won’t burn)
Lit BD blocks are material enchanters. You can enchant 2 Gold ingots into 1 Diamond, but 6 hearts will be taken as tribute. This also works with 2 Diamonds, they can be enchanted into 1 Black Diamond, but 8 of your hearts will be taken by the enchanter.
Special BD abilities
Currently only BD swords have a special ability. They can light mobs on rightclick, but will take 10 damage. I’m planning to change the BD system a little bit later, but for now enjoy burning pigs and cows
To play with GemsCraft, you have to do this
- BACK UP YOUR MINECRAFT JAR! For all Forge newbies: install OptiFine AFTER Forge!
- Install Forge into your minecraft.jar. Just put the GemsCraft.zip in the folder called mods. (if it doesn’t exist, create it inside the .minecraft directory!) Forge now uses it’s own META-INF, so it’s not necessary to remove it!
- Create you own server with this mod!
- Use the original minecraft_server.jar. Install Minecraft Forge. Put GemsCraft.zip into the mods folder. Delete the “world” folder. Don’t delete the META-INF folder!!!