The aPerf Mod is a performance based mod that aids in improving several of the already standing functions within vanilla Minecraft. The aPerf mod allows for greater configuration customization which in turn greatly improves how specific the game is to your playing style. For example, if you do not want to see a specific mod on your Minecraft.jar, you now have the ability to use the ‘Spawn listing’ feature to remove it. I think that this is a great mod, a MUST-HAVE if you’re looking to further enhance your game.
aPerf Mod Main Features
- Spawn Limiter – A feature that allows you to control the mob spawning limit in Minecraft.
- The spawn limiter also allows you to edit certain rules, like the radius spawn limit in which you can set exact integers to fit your taste.
- Packet Limiting is for those who play on a 3G Mobile phone and still want to build advanced structures.
- Entity and Item listing allows you to view information that is current and up to date about your Minecraft game, for example you could see where there is a high concentration of ore, or simply just look at how many sheep you have on your map at one time.
aPerf Mod Pros and Cons
POSITIVES: This mod is currently available for both client and server, so you can enjoy all that this mod brings even with your friends! The aPerf mod allows for greater customization within your Minecraft game, this means that you can specifically edit your game file to best suit your aim/needs.
NEGATIVES: Unfortunately, to correctly install this mod first of all you need three other installs. These dependencies include FORGE, which is normal, however you also need to install ‘PermissionsEX’ mod and a network hook for a packet limiter.
How to Install aPerf Mod
- First of all, you need to install and download the latest version of MINECRAFT FORGE to correctly run this mod.
- Next, simply download the aPerf Mod and drag and drop the .zip folder into the ‘mods’ folder of your Minecraft directory.
- Next, just load up the game and run the mod!