Better Snow mod is designed to revamp Minecraft’s rather simple snow. After all, does snow really just pile up an inch and then stop, regardless of how much more it snows? And does snow really never melt? The answers are obviously no, and that is where Better Snow comes in!
- Snow has 16 heights
- Snow piles up during snowfall
- After snowfall snow exposed to high light levels slowly melts
- Snow never melts completely
- Snow slows down mobs and players that walk through it, the deeper the slower
- Placing snow on snow makes it one layer deeper
- No APIs or other mods required
- Full LAN support if all players have the mod
- Partial LAN support if at least the host has the mod
- Held snow does not change it’s image when multiple heights of snow exist
- Mobs sink all the way through the snow at all levels
- Snow drops snowballs based on how tall it is
- Snow settings can be configured
- Settings menu
Install instructions are for both the vanilla and forge versions of Better Snow.
- Install a JAR-compatible archiver, such as 7-Zip.
- Navigate to your .minecraft folder. On windows this is located at %appdata%/.minecraft.
- Open the folder bin.
- Make a copy of minecraft.jar and name it something like minecraft.jar.backup.
- Open minecraft.jar in your archiver.
- Open your BetterSnow.zip with any zip-compatible archiver. Most OSes have this built in.
- Drag the contents of BetterSnow.zip into minecraft.jar.
- Close BetterSnow.zip.
- In minecraft.jar, delete the folder META-INF.
- Close minecraft.jar.
- Start the game. If it runs correctly, then you are finished. If it crashes or doesn’t work, follow the steps below.
- Only do the following steps if better snow is not working.
- If minecraft crashes post the crash report here so that I can see what went wrong.
- Delete or move the modified minecraft.jar.
- Rename minecraft.jar.backup to minecraft.jar to uninstall Better Snow.
More posts of Better Snow Mod :