Modular Powersuits is a Minecraft mod based around the idea of an inventor who tinkers with high-tech electronics and makes a suit of powered armor chock-full of useful gadgets and features. Inspired by heroes like Iron Man, Megaman, and Samus Aran, as well as by the high-tech armor in mods like EE2 and IC2.
To start off with, you’ll need a Tinker Table and at least one powersuit item – the helmet, torso, legs, boots, or tool. The powersuit items are useless on their own, but when you access a tinker table, it will list the modules you can put in that item, and tell you the component cost.
- Tool modes
- Railgun: Does a lot of damage, and hitscans (instantly hits the target), but costs an exorbitant amount of energy per shot and knocks you back.
- Plasma Cannon: A charge-up shot that can do tons of damage as well as explode with a force of 500 millicreepers.
- Blink drive: Reusable ender pearl-style teleportation.
- In-Place Assembler: Your crafting table on the go.
- Multimeter: Reads the flow of UE electricity. More functions to follow!
- All items
- Capacitors: Allows the item to act as a UE/IC2 battery as well as power other modules. NOTE: Modules draw power from all equipped Power Armor items in your inventory, not just themselves.
- Any armor
- Basic Plating: Adds weight and armor value
- Advanced Plating: Adds weight and armor value, better ratio than iron plating
- Energy Shield: Adds armor value and consumes energy when absorbing damage. Turns off when out of energy.
- Radiation Shielding: Prevents UE radioactive materials from damaging you if fully suited.
- Melee Assist: Add knockback and/or extra damage to the tool’s melee attacks.
- Pickaxe/Shovel/Axe: Each allows the powertool to act as a pickaxe/shovel/axe respectively. Consumes energy instead of durability.
- Diamond Pickaxe Upgrade: Allows the powertool to mine obsidian (useless without pickaxe module.)
- Aqua Affinity Upgrade: Like the aqua affinity enchantment, compensates for the underwater mining penalty.
- Water Electrolyzer: Consumes a burst of energy to refill your air when you are about to drown.
- Goggles of Revealing (WIP): Install a pair of Thaumic Goggles to display the HUD in your helmet.
- Night Vision: A constantly-applied and toggleable potion effect, for the low cost of 5 J/t and the new Control Circuit component.
- Flight Control: Tries to keep you steady in midair. Acts as a proxy for creative flight. Press ‘Z’ to go down (currently hardcoded).
- Glider: Lets you slow your fall speed and move forward.
- Parachute: Lets you come almost to a stop in midair, slowly drifting downwards.
- Jetpack: Allows you to add upward momentum. Jetpack is twice as strong as jetboots but twice as expensive.
- Active Camouflage: Acts like potion of invisibility, costs 1kW to maintain.
- Swim Boost: Allows you to swim faster.
- Sprint Assist: Makes your sprint faster, but consumes energy while sprinting. Also has an option to compensate for the fatigue incurred by sprinting.
- Jump assist: Hold down jump to jump extra high.
- Stepping assist: Automatically climb whole blocks as if they were stairs.
- Shock Absorber: Uses energy to compensate for a portion of velocity when impacting the ground.
- Jetboots: Allows you to add upward momentum. Jetpack is twice as strong as jetboots but twice as expensive.
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install Numina Mod.
- Unless you really want to play in vanilla mode, get one of the following industrial mods:
- Universal Electricity: A loosely-knit suite of open-source and highly configurable industrial mods which work well together, and are compatible with almost everything. Lots of cool stuff in here, and always being updated.
- Industrialcraft 2: One of the most popular and well-known tech mods in Minecraft, and a large part of the inspiration behind Modular Powersuits. A more mature and stable option.
- Download Modular Powersuits Mod, then stuff it into the mods folder of your .minecraft.
- That’s it! You’re done!
- SebastianK94 for his excellent artwork and modeling
- Watercandle for his fantastic icons
- Calclavia, for making Universal Electricity and giving me a springboard to work from
- The team, for making it possible to integrate this mod with others
- Everyone who helped me in #minecraftforge on EsperNet
- sct for hosting a Jenkins server and helping me get set up with it
- The Something Awful forums for playtesting
- Player (IC2) for making an electric item interface that would work with the powersuits
- King_Lemming (Thermal Expansion) for making an electric item interface that would work with the powersuits
More posts of Modular Powersuits Mod :
Modular Powersuits Screenshots
Modular Powersuits Recipes
Recipes depend on what mods you have installed and on the config file. Server owners and modpack makers: please make sure you have only the recipes enabled that you want your players to use!
|Power Armor Head|
|Power Armor Torso|
|Power Armor Legs|
|Power Armor Feet|