The Twilight Forest realm is an endless world like regular Minecraft. Nearly all of it is densely forested. It has more of an enchanted or faerie tale feel than the main Minecraft world. The skies are perpetually dim, giving a darker, somewhat gloomy cast to the world below. An overstory of larger trees further shades most of the world below, creating a canopy covering most of the world (so thick that you can actually walk on it most places.) The canopy is pierced only occasionally by massive trees that rise to the ceiling of the world. The terrain is flatter, or at least less mountainous than regular Minecraft, but you will occasionally encounter hills, sometimes rising far above the canopy level. These hills are hollow too, containing caves filled with valuable ores, treasure and dangerous monsters.
Client installation and requirements
- Back up your saves!
- Download Minecraft Forge client- Thanks Forge team.
- Download this mod’s client files.
- Open up your minecraft.jar and add Forge’s files
- Delete the META-INF
- Place this mod’s zip file in the mods folder of your minecraft folder
- If you need to configure block IDs, use the config/TwilightForest.cfg file. If you have a config file from 1.2.5 or earlier, you need to edit or delete the TwilightForest.cfg or you will have ID conflicts.
Server installation and requirements
- Back up your world before installing new mods.
- Get a server running using the minecraft_server.jar. If you’re stuck on this step, I can’t help you, use Google.
- Download Minecraft Forge. You usually want the recommended version. That’s the most recent one with a star next to it.
- Download this mod, located above
- Open your minecraft_server.jar and add all the forge server files.
- Start the server at least once to let it generate all the files and directories it needs.
- Add this mod’s server zip file to the server mods folder.
- Start the server. Make sure the Twilight Forest mod is reporting that it loaded when you start the server.
The Twilight Forest Screenshots
The main features right now are: