This mod adds three commonly requested new blocks into the game: the Coal Block, Redstone Block, and Wheat Block. The blocks are crafted by arranging nine of their respective material in the crafting grid.
Each of the blocks has special qualities that make them useful apart from being simple storage blocks:
- Coal blocks can be used to smelt exactly one stack of materials in the furnace
- Redstone blocks trigger block updates in the surrounding area when powered or unpowered
- Wheat block can be placed with pumpkins to create a straw-golem/”Scarecow”, which frightens off passive mobs that wander nearby
More features may be added for these blocks in the future.
How to Install Useful Storage Mod
- Download and install Minecraft Forge Universal
- Download the Useful Storage mod.
- Drag the contents of the .Zip into your minecraft.jar
- Make sure your META-INF is deleted
- Have fun!