With this mod you can download parts of a multiplayer world while you are connected to the server.
- You need to open chests while downloading or their contents cannot be saved.
- If you are op, you can use /seed to request the seed and it will be saved (not yet in the beta v2 version).
- If your single player world is empty/void, wait 30 seconds after you “stop download” before you disconnect and open the single player file. The beta version reports when save is actually completed.
How to install:
- Open your minecraft.jar* with an archive tool like 7zip or WinRAR.
- Put the class files you just downloaded in there. Overwrite if necessary.
- Delete the META-INF folder if it exists in the jar file.
- Close the archive and save if asked.
You can find this file on …
- Windows by entering %APPDATA%.minecraftbin in an Explorer window or in the start->run dialog.
- Linux by opening ~/.minecraft/bin/ in a file manager of your choice.
- Mac OS X by opening Library/Application Support/minecraft/bin in Finder.