The Lord of the Rings Mod is a huge expansion planned for Minecraft that will aim to add the world of Middle-earth into the game. This will include content from J.R.R.Tolkien’s most famous work, the Lord of the Rings series, and eventually other related tales such as the Hobbit and the Silmarillion.
- A new Middle-earth dimension, with multiple new biomes and terrain features
- Hundreds of new blocks, ores, tools, foods and items
- Characters and races from the Lord of the Rings series
- An alignment system where you can play on the side of good or evil
- Gameplay features dependent on the player’s alignment
- Many quests ranging from small tasks to epic adventures
- Seamless multiplayer integration right from the start
More information and Recipes:
- Go to The Lord of the Rings Mod wiki page
- Delete META-INF from minecraft.jar (unless installing on server)
- Download the correct version of Minecraft Forge
- Install it into the minecraft.jar
- Download the mod
- Place the mod zip file into the mods folder (if there isn’t a mods folder, start Minecraft with Forge installed and it will appear)
- Enjoy the mod!