Blood Magic Mod lets you conjure runes, sigils and orbs and perform rituals all with the power of blood. Whether it’s a sacrifice you take from yourself or from a mob, the power is in your hands to control your world in aspects you hadn’t considered before.
This mod adds an expansive life-based magic system which spans rituals, sacrifices, summoning, alchemy and spell creation. In Blood Magic, you collect Life Essence by sacrificing your own health or the health of mobs that can be used to power your Blood Magic creations on your quest to become an Archmage. Blood Magic has even more capabilities if Technomancy and Thaumcraft 4 are installed. There are several addons available for Blood Magic, for example Sanguimancy which focused around automation and some even darker forms of magic, such as Soul Corruption.
The more arcane magics use the life force of objects and creatures. Because of this utilization of the spark of life found in all living creatures, it is considered evil and has been cast out of normal use. However, even though the magic does use this “Life Essence,” it does not mean that every action used with it is inherently evil.
Every “Item of Power,” in this case those that have a special function and do not just sit in your inventory and look good, consumes Life Essence, whose unit of measurement is “LP.” Generally, 100LP equals half a heart of the player, so it is a good thing to keep in mind when looking at an item. There is also one more caveat that must be explored, and that is in the nature of “Blood Pacts.” A Pact is formed when you first use an item, and it bonds the item to the player forever. Because of this special bond, every single item that has a player’s signature will drain their toll from that player on use. Fear not, though, because if the player has no Essence to drain from it will instead sap it directly from the user’s health (painful for the more powerful items). This bond between the player and all of its items is referred to as the “Soul Network.”
The only way to utilize the player’s Soul Network is to create your very first item, and that will require a bit of sacrifice.
- Initial release of the open beta for the mod to Minecraft v1.8.9! This mod version has a lot of changes. Because it is a full-on rewrite, some of the mechanics of the mod have changed/are going to change. As such, the feel of the mod will be slightly different than previous iterations.
- This mod has a large amount of compatibility with the recipe look-up mod, Just Enough Items (JEI). It is VERY much recommended that you download JEI, since it will make your life a lot easier with the new mechanics.
- Because this is a beta of a rewrite, there will be a lot of missing content. I am trying my hardest to add new content as fast as I can, but my team and I are only human and can only code so fast. Please give a little patience while we make the mod the best it possibly can!
- There is now a new beginning! To craft a blood altar, you need a piece of Demonic Will. This Will can be obtained by crafting a Rudimentary Snare and throwing it at a mob until white particles appear – once that happens, kill them to get some Demonic Will.
- Another new mechanic of note is the Alchemy Array crafting. This can be done by placing an alchemy array on the ground using the item Arcane Ash. Once on the ground, right-click with the two items you need to craft with – it will then work its magic! This is the exact same method to do Binding Array crafting.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.