This mod displays what people say above their head. Useful for crowded servers where the chat lines fly by. This way you can hold a conversation with people near you.
This is similar to VoxelChat, but VoxelChat functions best with a server plugin. This is entirely clientside, so it’s a bit clumsier, but has a lot better chance of working on servers that don’t use the server plugin.
Chatline formats currently handled properly (not exhaustive):
- <rank playername>text
- <playername (status)>text
- <rank playername (status)>text
- [worldname] [rank] playername (status): text
- [worldname]<[rank]playername> text (hi Westeroscraft!)
- stuff playername: text (hi Creative Node, lots of others I’m sure)
- whatever SYMBOLplayernameSYMBOL text (hi realmcraft)
- **title [rank] name: text (Factions)
Begging party on realmc
How to install Chat Bubbles Mod:
- Download and install LiteLoader.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.