Chisel Mod adds a huge variety of static blocks to the game. This mod will be very useful for people who like the construction aspect of Minecraft.
If the player right-clicks with the chisel in hand, the latter will open a GUI that will allow the player to change various blocks into up to 24 varieties.
- Chisel Chisel
- Diamond Chisel
- Obsidian Chisel
- Electronic Chisel
- Cloud in a bottle
- Smashing Rock
- Ball O’ Moss
- Auto Chisel
- Carpet Block
- Cloud Block
- Factory Block
- Fantasy Block
- Futuristic Armor Plating Block
- Mossy Temple Block
- Temple Block
- Sandstone scribbles
Stairs & Slabs:
- Limestone Slab
- Limestone Stairs
- Marble Slab
- Marble Stairs
- Marble Pillar Slab
- Ice Stairs
- Marble Pillar
- Ice Pillar
- Speed Upgrade (Chisel)
- Automation Upgrade (Chisel)
- Stack Upgrade (Chisel)
- Reversion Upgrade (Chisel)
Access to new blocks is provided mostly through one tool, the chisel. The iron chisel is created with a iron ingot and a stick in a diagonal pattern.
Right clicking opens the chiseling interface.
Place a block in the chiseling slot (top left) and you may turn it in the same group.
Chisel also adds two new other items, the Ball O’ Moss, and the Cloud In a Bottle. Right clicking these items will throw them, in the same way as how snowballs are thrown. On impact these blocks will do a variety of different things.
The Ball O’ Moss will change all the nearby blocks into their moss variants, for example, turning Stone Brick into Mossy Stone Brick, likewise with Cobblestone.
The Cloud in the Bottle with create a large amount of clouds on impact.
Smashing rock will decay the blocks it hits in a splash area of affect.
All decorative blocks can be obtained through the chisel tool. Crafting the chisel can be done with a stick and an iron ingot.
The mod does have an optional crafting recipe which can be enabled. Some packs (including Monster) use this recipe instead.
Right clicking while holding the tool will open an interface with one center slot and multiple on the outer edge. Placing an appropriate block in the center will fill the outer spots with blocks you can create from the input one. Alternatively, left clicking on a block will cycle through all similar block types.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.