If you’ve ever found yourself bored once you mine down to lava because it stops hostile mobs from spawning, then this is the mod for you!
This is a small mod that adds a new hostile monster to the game that spawns in lava and spits fireballs at you.
Lava monsters’ spawning conditions can be adjusted in a handy-dandy properties file! The properties file is generated in your .minecraft folder.
This is a lava monster. Lava monsters spawn in lava and spit blaze fireballs at you when you get near them. They are fairly weak, and die in water. They leave a trail of fire beneath their feet when they walk on solid ground.
Lava monsters can drop good things, but usually their drops are destroyed instantly.
The lava monster’s spawn conditions are rather picky: it must spawn in lava that is at least two blocks deep and of those two blocks, at least one must be a lava source block. (By default.)
Through the properties file (created the first time you run Minecraft with this mod installed), you can make the lava monsters more or less picky, indirectly changing how common they are.
- Nether spawning: when you’re constantly overrun by lava monsters in the Nether or prefer to use other mods to enhance your Nether, you can turn their ability to spawn there off.
- Depth hazard mode: turns lava monsters into a depth hazard, never appearing above layer 16. Remember, the lava layer is 10, so you’ll get a depth hazard either way! This is mostly to prevent lava monsters from annoying the crap out of you if you use a lot of lava in construction.
- Flowing lava mode: removes the source block requirement. Lava monsters will still need lava two blocks deep (unless shallow lava mode is on), but that’s anywhere lava flows down, even a single block! Your lava flows will leap with life… or death! However you want to look at it!
- Shallow lava mode: allows lava monsters to spawn in lava only one block deep, but still requires it to be a source block, unless flowing lava mode is also enabled. Enable this if you want lava monsters spawning in man-made lava pools and moats (which are usually one block deep) or just to make them a bit more common.
- Spawn frequency: how often the mod tries to spawn lava monsters – can improve performance and/or increase the rarity of lava monsters!
- Delete the META-INF folder in your minecraft.jar.
- Install Minecraft Forge.
- Run Minecraft to generate a ‘mods’ folder or create a new folder in your .minecraft directory called ‘mods’.
- Drag this mod’s zip folder into the ‘mods’ folder.
- Run Minecraft.
- Be careful!
More posts of Lava Monsters Mod :