Nether Ores Mod generates Overworld Ores into the Nether. The Nether Ores mod has IC2 Ores as well. Like Netherrack, mining these ores aggravates Zombie Pigmen. These Nether Ores are the equivalent of the Overworld Ores, except with a few exceptions:
- Instead of having a Stone background, they are encased with Netherrrack.
- They provide a different amount of materials from each Ore than their Overworld counterpart.
- The spawn rate of Ores is changed dramatically.
- They may explode when mined
- They must be smelted twice.
The Nether Ores explode when interacted with Vanilla items, though there are items from other mods which will not cause the Nether Ores to explode. They include:
- The Mining Laser. Since it automatically drops the Ore, it does not explode. When used on Heat Mode, it will drop the corresponding Overworld Ore.
- The Nova Catalyst or any other form of it. Like the Mining Laser, the Catalyst does not interact with the block; it simply drops it. The Destruction Catalyst is especially favorable in these situations.
- The Red Morning Star. The right-click effect of the Red Morning Star works much like a Nova Catalyst, dropping the blocks without explosion. In addition, the speed of the Morning Star when mining makes the Ores less likely to explode.
Once the Nether Ores are mined, there are several ways to process them. The most simple way is to smelt the Ore in a regular Furnace. This will simply yield the corresponding Overworld Ore, which then must be smelted again to receive the material. Note this does not apply with all ores.
Alternatively, the player could place the Ores in a Macerator . This will double the amount of dusts the Overworld counterpart would give, with the exception of Diamond, Coal and Redstone, which give two Diamond, Two Coal and 6 Redstone Dust.
Ore Spawning Levels
This table explains at what levels any Nether Ore would be found, as well as what Tool is required to mine it.
Macerator vs. Red Matter Furnace
The following table compares the output of materials of Maceration and smelting with a Red Matter Furnace.
- When mining Nether Ores with a Mining Laser, or Nova Catalyst /above, Zombie Pigmen won’t become aggressive. (Tested in both SMP and SSP.)
- Like Netherrack, Nether Ores can be destroyed by Ghast Fireballs. They may even explode.
- Nether Ores mined by Miners, Quarries, Block Breakers or Mining Turtles also have a chance to explode.
- Every time you mine a ore it has a chance of making another ore in the same vein explode
- When about to explode the ore that will explode will smoke and if mined in time will not explode
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge and required mods.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.