Tinkers’ Construct Mod is a mod about putting tools together in a wide variety of ways, then modifying them until they turn into something else. The tools never disappear and can be named and changed to your heart’s desire. Once you make them, they’re yours forever. The mod uses very few IDs. In general, it one item ID for a tool and one ID for a crafting component. Blocks are compressed as far as makes sense.
See also: Tinkers’ Construct Addons Archives
To get started you need a few tables and a place to put your patterns.
You build, modify, and repair tools like so.
It can be automated with redstone and hoppers.
The mod also brings a few mobs to the game, like this fellow here.
Armor has started, but is very unfinished and would need to be done by the community. Here’s your hints:
And that’s all there is to it! There’s a lot of depth in the system, and most things are documented in-game. Anything that isn’t is left for you to explore.
Tinkers’ Mechworks Mod (Minecraft 1.7.10 Only)
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge and Mantle Mod.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.