Tinkers’ Construct Mod is a mod about putting tools together in a wide variety of ways, then modifying them until they turn into something else. The tools never disappear and can be named and changed to your heart’s desire. Once you make them, they’re yours forever. The mod uses very few IDs. In general, it one item ID for a tool and one ID for a crafting component. Blocks are compressed as far as makes sense.
See also: Tinkers’ Construct Addons Archives
To get started you need a few tables and a place to put your patterns.
You build, modify, and repair tools like so.
It can be automated with redstone and hoppers.
The mod also brings a few mobs to the game, like this fellow here.
Armor has started, but is very unfinished and would need to be done by the community. Here’s your hints:
And that’s all there is to it! There’s a lot of depth in the system, and most things are documented in-game. Anything that isn’t is left for you to explore.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install Mantle Mod.
- Download and install Tinkers’ Mechworks Mod.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.