What is Tubes?
Tubes aims to provide the best item transport and sorting solution using the awesome Forge Multipart API
These tubes work somewhat like the pneumatic tubes in RedPower, but there are many more types of tubes for all sorts of uses.
- Item Transport: Items in tubes seek the shortest path to an inventory and items cannot be accidentally dropped!
- Tube Coloring: Tubes can be colored by clicking them with dyes. Different colored tubes wont connect to each other. Colors can be cleared by clicking on them with a water container (eg. water bucket, water bottle)
- Ghost item filters: Don’t waste your items in filters, all filter slots in tubes use ghost items. Left click to decrease, Right click to increase, hold shift to increase/decrease by 10
- NEI Drag and Drop Integration: If you have NEI installed, you can drag from the items list into a filter slot to set its even when in recipe mode!
How to install Tubes Mod:
- Download and install
- Download the mod
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar file into the C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods folder. If one does not exist you can create one
- Enjoy the mod
To start making tubes, you are going to need plastic. The most basic way to get plastic is as follows:
First combine sand, clay, and coal/charcoal to get pellets
Smelt the plastic pellets to get plastic sheets
Finally combine 2 plastic and 1 glass like above to get 8 tubes
If you want more plastic pellets, you can use this method to produce 32 tubes worth of plastic at a time:
Smelt a bucket of milk to get milk curd.
Combine that milk curd with coal/charcoal, gunpowder, and 1 bucket’s worth of water (can use forestry cans and other containers like it) to get 8 plastic pellets.
You can refine fuel into liquid plastic using the refinery. You get 1 bucket of liquid plastic for 1 bucket of fuel
Combine a bucket of liquid plastic with coal/charcoal to get 8 plastic pellets
You can use MFR plastic sheets anywhere Tubes plastic is used.
Adds 5000 to the path length. Can be colored
Has a forced open direction. Items will be ejected out of the open side. Can be colored. Can be rotated with a BuildCraft compatible wrench
Can precisely control what items can enter it
Compresses items that pass through it to specific stack sizes. Useful for reducing lag.
Pulls items out of inventories at a rate of 1 stack per 10 ticks. Can be disabled by applying a redstone signal. Can be colored. Can be rotated with a BuildCraft compatible wrench
A combination of an extraction tube and filter tube, can pull from inventories both adjacent, and remote. It will also pull the exact amount of an item specified in its filter. Can be rotated with a BuildCraft compatible wrench
This tube allows you to choose what destination an item will have. When deciding the path for an item to take, the shortest valid path will still be chosen.
Block of Plastic:
A decorative block made of plastic
An item used by the filter tube recipe