Witchery Mod is a mod based around the magic of Witchcraft. The main disciplines of Witchery include: Voodoo, Circle Magic, Symbol Magic, Conjurations, and Mutations. This mod allows players to perform rituals, brew special potions, collect fumes, and learn to control the magic that is present in the world. Witchery is based around the natural items and ingredients already present in the world being used to perform magic. There are no flashy spells, wands, enchanted armors, or anything else similar to that style of magic in this mod. As well as the natural magics in the world, there are of course the darker sides of Witchery, which can allow the player to summon creatures, like Withers, Witches, and Demons.
Witchery also allows for voodoo in the form of Poppets, and dream weaving to perform magic. Conjurations can be performed to create various effects, such as summoning monsters, creating a gloomy mist over an area, and giving creatures within an area potion effects.
It even adds its own dimensions: the Spirit World and Torment dimension. The Spirit World is based around the magical essences in the player’s unconscious dream world. There is of course the darker side of this world which can haunt the player throughout their entire adventure. Torment is simply a place to be banished and tortured.
Witchery completely overhauls Vanilla Minecraft’s villages, adding Guards, and greatly expanding the structure of them. This is to allow for the Vampirism and Lycanthropy systems, which allow the player to curse themselves, or be cursed, to be a Vampire or Werewolf accordingly.
There are of course darker sides to magic; and although these may bring power more quickly, the cost may be too high. Making bargains with demons should never be undertaken lightly!
Witchery Mod Wiki:
- Go to Witchery website
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.