What is Witchery?
Witchery allows players to explore the magical art of witchcraft and though it, to learn to control the natural magic present in the world (and sometimes other dimensions).
Witchery provides several branches of witchcraft for a new witch or warlock to try their hand at. Witchcraft does not really resemble the flashy spell-casting performed by wizards and their ilk. There are no magic wands or spell books, enchanted armor or flaming swords; instead, a well tended witch’s garden will provide a lot of helpful ingredients for magic that will get you out of the occasional scrape.
There are of course darker sides to magic; and although these may bring power more quickly, the cost may be too high. Making bargains with demons should never be undertaken lightly!
Mod Recipes and Guide:
- Go to Witchery website
Some things that can be done to get going with the Witchery mod:
- Make a witches oven to cook meat, charcoal and produce other materials
- You will need some clay jars
- Create some Mutandis using Mandrake root
- Use the Mutandis to get Spanish Moss
- Use the Spanish moss to make some Poppets
- Use the Mutandis to get Rowan saplings
- Build an altar
- Build a distillery
- Make gypsum
- Create some ritual chalk and some golden chalk
- Read Witchcraft: Circle Magic and try out some rites
- Build a kettle
- Read the book Witchcraft: Brews and Infusions and make some brews
- Build some dream catchers
- Experiment with Necromancy
- Upgrade your altar with a candelabra and filled chalice
- Create some Otherwhere chalk and Infernal chalk and try some more complex rites
- Make an enchanted broom
- Hunt a witch and acquire a witches hand
- Create an infusion and perform the Rite of Infusion on yourself
- Summon a demon (and maybe make a deal…)
How to install Witchery Mod:
- Download and install
- Download the mod
- Put downloaded zip file into C:UsersYOURUSERNAMEAppDataRoaming.minecraftmods folder. Do not unzip it. If you don’t have a mods folder, create one
- Enjoy the mod