For centuries ago, when Minecraft has no compass or any navigational tool yet. People are getting lost in there own worlds. Everyone needs a navigational tool right? Well, Minecraft is also making new navigational tools too! (Map, compasses). Everyone should know what a map is. now has a brand new map, which is an item. This Item doesn’t really help in finding your house right? And also every time we want to look at the map. We must equip it all the time. But now, those paper maps we won’t be needing them anymore. Because now we have the Zan’s MiniMap! Zan’s Minimap enables you to look at the map without equipping it! You also don’t need to waste your compasses to make one. This Zan’s MiniMap is a high definition map:
If you have been reading minecraftdl, you should know that we have a post about Minecraft’s AutoMap (check it out!). This mod can also be used on SMP server! What an awesome mod! Thanks to the developer of this mod(Zaneris). I recommend this mod to you so you won’t get lost in your world anymore!
How to install Zan’s Minimap Mod for Minecraft:
Non Forge version:
- Open the new launcher and make sure the version of Minecraft the mod requires is already installed.
- Click “Edit Profile” in the launcher, then open the game directory.
- Go into the subfolder “versions”.
- Rename the folder for the version you require to something else. In this example, rename “1.7.4″ to “1.7.2_Zanminimap”.
- Open the 1.7.2_Zanminimap folder.
- Rename “1.7.4.jar” to “1.7.2_Zanminimap.jar”.
- Rename “1.7.4.json” to “1.7.2_Zanminimap.json”.
- Open “1.7.2_Zanminimap.json” with a text editor and replace “id”:”1.7.4″ with “id”:”1.7.2_Zanminimap”, save the file and close it.
- Unzip mod file and copy all files into 1.7.2_Zanminimap.jar. Do not close the archiver yet.
- Delete META-INF and close the archiver.
- Start the new launcher.
- Click “Edit Profile”
- In “Use Version”, select “1.7.2_Zanminimap”.
- Click Save Profile.
- Login and play as normal.
- Download and install
- Download the mod
- Put downloaded zip file into
- C:\Users\[Your computer user]\AppData\roaming\.minecraft\mods on Windows
- /Users/[Your user]/Library/Application Support/minecraft/mods on Mac folder
- Do not unzip it. If you don’t have a mods folder, create one
- Enjoy the mod