Bringing prehistoric creatures back to life.
This mod gives to Minecraft the possibility of bringing extinct creatures back to life! Exploration, gathering, building, and genetics are some features of this mod!
How to play:
Here is all the steps needed to bring an extincted animal back to life:
1. So, first you have the find fossils, which can be found below sea level. These fossils will give you organic material. At this version, you can only find skin samples, but other types of organic materials will be added later.
2. After collecting your organic material, you need to extract its DNA. To do this just use a DNA extractor. Put your samples in the left side and some empty vials in the middle slot. You can also analyze the creature drops, such as Leptictidum hide and raw Titanis thigh (v0.9.5 or superior). Note: if these items are from different creatures, they will not stack because they would have different DNA.
3. DNA samples done, you can now analyze them using a centrifuge machine. This process will show you the DNA sequence of your sample. This DNA will define the creature status and how it will differ from other creatures.
4. Finally, you will need a new machine: the hatchery. In order to bring any extinct creature to live, you need three things:
– The basic components to create a body: proximate, minerals, vitamins, and lipids. Each creature requires a different amount of each nutrient.
– Three buckets of water to keep your embryo safe and allowing the absorption of all nutrients.
– Five samples of DNA that have already been analyzed. You must have at least 4 samples of the same genus. One of them (on the top slot) can be a similar vanilla creature (see Creatures spoiler).
This process may take a few minutes. When it is finished, the hatchery will spawn your new creature around it. Just make sure to have space at least 1 block in each side,otherwise bad things can happen.
Note: You can also use your new creature to generate more of the same species. To do this, just right-click the creature with a empty flask to get its saliva, then repeat steps 3 and 4. But remember, this is cloning. Your new creature will be exactly the same (equal/similar status) compared to your old one. One trick to avoid that is mixing the DNA of a similar creature, for example a cow DNA for a Mammoth. Therefore, the cow DNA, which is always random, will influence you final DNA.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.