This mod is meant to make minecraft survival much harder. You wake up in an underground shelter and just like in a ‘real’ apocalypse:
- Food and water is scarce
- Barren surface – no grass or flowers
- All trees are ‘dead’ – no leaves
- Dry wasteland – no oceans or rivers
- Ruined houses
- Abandoned villages
- Special (slow) zombies spawn during daytime
- Disable sleeping through the night
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod and JNBT library.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) files into it.
- Enjoy the mod.
Starting out, you may find that this settings may be too difficult (good chest loot is rare, and ruins/villages are rare). Please change the rarity and other options in the config files.
GiMoe Wasteland Screenshots
When you create a new save, you will spawn in an underground bunker:
Biomes map (type in chat “/biomes <range>” where range is a value from 200 to 4000 blocks; works in default non-wasteland words too):