You have probably noticed it yourself but its never actually pitch black in minecraft. Even if you are in a cave with no torches you will still be able to see something independent of your gamma setting. This mod changes this, it removes the minimum block & sky light so if there is no light source its actually dark.
After you install the mod on your client it will be in mode 0. In that mode it will remove the minimum sky & block light. In the HardcoreDarkness.cfg file you can change the mode to either 1 which will only remove the block light so that while it will be pitch black in unlit caves the surface will still be light up slightly or 2 which will remove block light and make sky light dependent on the moon phase.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
More posts of Hardcore Darkness Mod :