This mod adds three medieval-themed humanoid mobs which will stalk you in your worlds. It has a few config options that will hopefully enable it to blend in with your current game. This mod is compatible with custom biomes, so it will work with Biomes O’Plenty and similiar.
- Brigand: realistic equivalent of skeleton, based on its code
- Bandit: based on zombie code, equiped with steel sword
- Tribesman: based on zombie code, equiped with stone or iron axe
All those mobs drop random amount of gold coins, which can be crafted back into gold. Be aware that they are smarter and faster than the undead. Adjust the config file considerably. Also they don’t mind the sun.
All those recipes can be disabled by a config setting :
Craftable string from wool
Salvage ? tools, weapons and armor made from gold and iron can be smelted to salvage ingots (sword do not evaporate when they get blunt, do they ?)
Other behavior changes:
- All mobs will drop bones, since this mod can disable skeletons
Bandit/Brigand/Tribesman spawn rate ? requires an integer number in range 1-10, sets a weighed spawn rate, 1 being low and 10 being high
Disable Zombies/Skeletons etc. ? disables coresponding vanilla mobs from spawning naturally in biomes. They will still be spawnable through eggs and spawners
Spawn factor for new mobs ? general factor of added mobs spawning, given in percent, Java type is double
Should new mobs spawn everywhere? ? If enabled, moded mobs will spawn in all biomes, when disabled they will only appear in forests (a more realistic setting)
Enable custom recipes ? this mod has a few custom recipes that are small tweaks to vanilla items, they can be disabled with this switch
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If the “mods” folder does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy the mod.
More posts of Medieval Mobs Mod :