Have you ever thought that long-range wireless communication in OpenComputers is either too expensive or too overpowered? Well here you got your solution! OpenRadio Mod is an add-on for OpenComputers allows you to have line-of-sight, laser-based communication up to 4096 blocks.
ADC (Analogue to Digital Converter)
DSP (Digital Signal Processor)
Semi Reflective Mirror
A little bit of math:
Base ranges and energy usage:
- Laser Diode: 25RF/tick, 64 blocks base range.
- CO2 Laser Tube: 50RF/tick, 128 blocks base range.
- Nd:YAG Laser Tube: 100RF/tick, 256 blocks base range.
- Base multiplier is 1.
- Multipliers add up when multiple lenses are placed in the laser’s path.
- Maximum range is 4069 blocks (calculated as follows: (Shaped Diamond Lens multiplier + 1)*2 * Nd:YAG Laser Tube range).
- Glass Lens: adds 1 to the current multiplier.
- Quartz Lens: adds 3 to the current multiplier.
- Shaped Diamond Lens: adds 7 to the current multiplier.
All values can be adjusted in the config file!
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- Enjoy the mod.
More posts of OpenRadio Mod :