Defend your home using an array of plants against old and new zombies!
There are 19 different kinds of plants in the game:
- Sunflower (produces Sun)
- Peashooter (fires Pea Pods at enemies, causing damage)
- Snow Pea (fires Snow Pods at enemies, causing damage and slowness)
- Repeater (fires 2 Pea Pods at a time)
- Spikeweed (hurts enemies when they tread on it)
- Threepeater (fires 3 Pea Pods at a time)
- Twin Sunflower (produces double the sun of a standard Sunflower)
- Iceberg Lettuce (freezes enemies on colliding)
- Wall-nut (protects plants)
- Potato Mine (blows up on contact, but takes time to arm itself)
- Marigold (produces gold nuggets)
- Pea-nut (Offensive and defensive)
- Puff-shroom (fires Shroom Pods that damage entities)
- Scaredy-shroom (can shoot further than normal mushrooms)
- Fume-shroom (fires a number of Shroom Pods at a time)
- Sun-shroom (produces sun, depending on the stage)
- Sun Bean (sun spurts from a zombie on contact)
- Hypno-shroom (Hypnotises a zombie to kill it’s fellow undead)
- Magnet-shroom (takes a helmet away from a zombie on contact)
Night plants will also work in day if Cocoa Beans are used on them.
To accompany the plants, a large range of new zombies have also been introduced:
- Buckethead Zombie (wears a bucket on his head)
- Flag Zombie (drops a Zombie Flag on death)
- Imp (aka Baby Zombies)
- Gargantuar (Massive zombie who attacks you with a pylon)
- Football Zombie (wears football armour)
- Engineer Zombie (has a Hard Hat, High-Vis Jacket, Leather Boots and a Diamond Pickaxe, drops them on death)
- Explorer Zombie (has leather armour and a torch)
- Newspaper Zombie (quicker than standard zombie)
- Peasant Zombie
- Peasant Buckethead Zombie
- Flag Peasant Zombie (with a unique flag!)
- Knight Zombie (wears an Iron Helmet)
- Monk Imp (Imp with Leather Chestplate and Leggings)
- Dragon Imp (resists fire attacks!)
- Wizard Zombie (turns plants into sheep on contact)
Plants are obtained through using Seed Packets, which can be crafted.
Pea Pods and Shroom Pods can be obtained from Pea Crops and Shroom Crops, which the seeds are dropped from grass or crafted. Hard Hats, High-Vis Jackets, Football Armor, Pylons, Zombie Flags etc. can only be obtained from killing the correct zombie.
Achievements can be obtained for doing certain things. The current achievements are:
- SPUDOW! – Blow up a zombie with a Potato Mine.
- No Smoking – Extinguish an Explorer Zombie’s torch.
- Great Wall – Plant a Wall-nut
- Going for Gold – Plant a Marigold.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.