ReactorCraft is a mod that adds realistic nuclear reactors, both fission and fusion, to Minecraft.
This mod depends on RotaryCraft – it cannot be installed without it.
Here are some of the ways in which realism is simulated:
- The physics is simulated in such a way as to reflect reality, including real values for energy creation per reaction
- The reactors (a large multiblock) have to be built in a way that reflects real reactors, with strategic placement of fuel rods, control rods, and other reactor core components
- Realistic reactor behavior in the event of poor design, including possible meltdowns, hydrogen explosions, and radiation leakage
- Realistic (though obviously simplified) control systems to manipulate control rods, feed fuel, and the like
- The fuel is created realistically – including enrichment – and used realistically; users must manage things like spent fuel with spent fuel pools
ReactorCraft does add ores out of necessity.
- Fluorite: Spawns in the overworld between layers 32 and 60. Relatively common, and exists in several colors.
- Pitchblende: Spawns in the end, mushroom islands, and the twilight forest. The latter two types generate between layers 8 and 24. Fairly rare.
- Cadmium: Spawns in the overworld between layers 12 and 32. About as common as gold.
- Indium: Spawns in the overworld between layers 0 and 16. Rare.
- Silver: Spawns in the overworld between layers 16 and 40. About as common as gold. Can be disabled if other mods with their own silver are present.
- Ammonium Chloride: Spawns in the nether around lava pools at layer 32. Moderately rare.
- Calcite: Spawns in the overworld between layers 32 and 60. Tiny amounts spawn together, but clusters are common.
- Magnetite: Spawns in the overworld between layers 60 and 128. Fairly common.
Like RotaryCraft, ReactorCraft has a craftable handbook: