Storage Drawers mod adds new storage solutions to your workshops that resembles a mix of JabbaBarrels and Bibliocraft Item Shelves over traditional storage containers. It’s not a replacement for either though, so you should check those mods out too.
There is no traditional slotted inventory with these containers. Interaction is click-based similar to Jabba. Clicking on one of drawers on front will interact with that drawer.
- Right-Click: Insert full stack in hand into drawer (or partial stack if the drawer fills).
- Double-Right-Click: Insert all compatible stacks in inventory into drawer (or until drawer fills).
- Left-Click: Remove a single item from the drawer.
- Shift+Left-Click: Remove a full stack from the drawer.
The shift-click behavior is reversed from Jabba. This is based on the theory that you normally interact with stacks in Jabba, but will want to normally interact with single items in Storage Drawers. The controls can be reversed in the mod config to match Jabba.
Style, Choices, Upgrades:
The wooden drawers are the main storage block in Storage Drawers, and they come in a variety of configurations and styles. You can pick from any of the Vanilla plank colors when crafting to get a matching block.
Drawers come in five configurations, trading capacity and compactness at different points:
- Half-size 2×2: Stores 4 stacks per drawer.
- Half-size 1×2: Stores 8 stacks per drawer.
- Full-size 2×2: Stores 8 stacks per drawer.
- Full-size 1×2: Stores 16 stacks per drawer.
- Full-size 1×1: Stores 32 stacks per drawer.
Capacity can be further boosted with storage upgrades. Upgrades do not need to be applied in sequence, so you can pick the size you need from the start.
If you need an estimate of how full your drawers are, indicator upgrades are available to put a fill bar on your drawers.
- Level 1: The indicator bar will light up when the drawer is full.
- Level 2: The indicator bar will fill proportional to how full the drawer is.
Drawers can also be locked or unlocked with the drawer key. When a drawer is locked, it will maintain its current item association even if the last item is removed. This will prevent pipes and other transport systems from re-filling that drawer with other items.
Compacting Drawers and the Drawer Controller:
Compacting drawers are a special stone-colored drawer that auto-convert compressible items. Instead of manually crafting and uncrafting between gold blocks, ingots, and nuggets, put them in a compacting drawer. The drawer will internally maintain a pool of the material, and let you insert or remove the material in any of the shown forms.
The compacting behavior applies to any item with a compressed recipe, including redstone, glowstone, wheat, and many others.
Drawer Controllers are the second special block in the mod. They will search for any connected drawer within 12 blocks, and then expose all of those drawers as a large combined inventory. This lets you hook up a single pipe, tube, duct, spark, storage bus, etc. and interact with the entire bank of drawers.
The second function of the controller is as a deposit-only interactive block. By right-clicking on the front face with an item, the item will be deposited into the connected network. By double-right clicking, it will attempt to dump your entire inventory. Items will only be dumped if they already exist in the network, allowing you to clear out a bunch of mob drops or farmed crops without literally dumping your entire inventory.
Controller Slaves act as an extension of a drawer controller, exposing more faces for attaching machines, pipes, or crafting frames. Controllers will bind to a slave when they find them on the network, and all slaves bound to the same controller will share the same inventory and range as that controller. Unlike drawers, slaves cannot be shared, and you should be careful to not put them in range of multiple controllers. Using controller slaves is better for performance than using multiple controllers.
Trim blocks are decorative wood paneled blocks similar to wooden drawers, but they can also be used to connect drawer blocks within a controller network.
While some players choose to use Storage Drawers as a replacement for other storage mods, it works best with others.
- If aesthetics are important, the drawers complement many of the Bibliocraft blocks.
- Drawers are compatible with Jabba’s dolly, letting you move around filled blocks without needing to empty their contents and break them.
- Special compatibility is added for Thaumcraft, displaying an aspect label for the difficult-to-distinguish essentia-based items.
- All drawer blocks are compatible with Applied Energistics 2 storage buses, and this is the preferred way for seeing the exact contents of a drawer. A special consideration for compacting drawers: the full amount of blocks, ingots, and nuggets will be listed by the system, even though those amounts cannot exist simultaneously.
- WAILA will list the inventories of drawers, including their exact counts.
- A MineTweaker API is available for controlling the ore dictionary conversion whitelist and blacklist.
- Every block and item can be individually disabled in the mod’s configuration file. If you ever run into trouble with a specific block, like the controller, disabling the block will let Forge remove it from your world without needing to disable the entire mod and lose all your stored items.
- Many individual features and aspects of the mod can also be changed in the configuration, including base storage sizes and recipe outputs.
- The full configuration is available through Forge’s mod config screens, accessible from the title screen.
- This mod adds new storage solutions to your workshops that resembles a mix of Jabba Barrels and Bibliocraft Item Shelves over traditional storage containers. It’s not a replacement for either though, so you should check those mods out too.
How to install Storage Drawers Mod:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install Chameleon Library.
- Download the mod.
- Click on the Start Menu in Windows.
- Type run into the search box, and select the Run program at the top of the results.
- Type %appdata% into the Run program, and press Enter.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into that.
- Enjoy the mod.
More posts of Storage Drawers Mod :