Better Foliage is my re-implementation of some features of Better Grass and Leaves Mod. It makes your plant life a bit more verdant and fluffy by drawing some extra leaves on trees, and short grass on grass blocks.
The mod is client only, although it will not crash your server if you add it accidentally.
Extra leaves will be rendered for each leaf block that has at least one side touching an air block. Grass will be rendered for grass blocks with an air block above them.
There is a config GUI, opened by pressing F8 (configurable), or using the config button after selecting it in your mod list. Here you can set rendering options for grass and leaves.
- On/Off: self-explanatory
- Size: size of the extra polygons, relative to block diameter
- Offset: how much off-center the polygons should be (relative to diameter), to break up the regularity. Separate horizontal and vertical value for leaves
- Height: for grass only, minimum and maximum values
There’s some minor inconvenience with short grass: because mipmaps and transparency are not good friends, the grass looks darker than it should at a distance, and large flat patches of grass look a bit weird. If you have the horsepower for it, turn off mipmaps and crank up anisotropic filtering in the video settings.
Works fine with the GLSL Shader Mod. You may want to turn off the short grass though: because of the shadow map resolution the grass looks like it is floating slightly above the block (it doesn’t).
The mod does not need textures supplied for the crossed leaf polygons for each and every leaf type, as it will generate them on the fly, making it very easy to use: it will (should) support every mod and texture pack automagically.
Confirmed to support leaves from: Vanilla, BOP, Natura, Forestry and Thaumcraft.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
More posts of Better Foliage Mod :