Thaumic Exploration is a Thaumcraft 4 addon, with the goal of simply adding more balanced Thaumcraft content of the quality you would expect from Azanor himself. I will try as best I can to make my additions feel like they were part of Thaumcraft 4 itself. Although Thaumic Exploration is still a work in progress, it already boasts a ton of content. You can identify Thaumic Exploration research by looking for the [TX] tag.
Thaumic Exploration currently contains six new blocks (two are remakes of Thaumcraft 2 blocks), one new wand rod, three new enchantments, four new usable items, and a few new transmutation recipes.
- Chest and Jar binding seals: The original inspiration of this addon, they are some of my favorite items from this addon. Use these seals on two or more chests, or two or more warded jars to link their inventories. No more messy infusion rooms! (See below media)
- Brain Curing: You have finally found a way to cure zombie brains. They are used in the Think Tank and TC4′s advanced golems.
- Think Tank: A block that generates research fragments when supplied with books.
- Everfull Urn: Infinite water source. Use buckets, or cap it off with Buildcraft or Thermal Expansion pipes. Also fills nearby crucibles and puts out burning players.
- Crucible of Souls: Slowly kills mobs for their precious essentia.
- Amber Wand Core: A low-capacity, fast refilling wand core, perfect for smaller recipes. There is also a corresponding staff core.
- Thaumic Replicator: A block that replicates building blocks in exchange for essentia.
- Boots of the Meteor: Boots that allow you to jump high and deal AoE slam attacks.
- Boots of the Comet: Boots that allow you to run really, really fast. They also temporarily freeze water.
- Wispy Dreamcatcher: Anti-taint device that lowers taint damage.
- Talisman of Nourishment: Stores food and automatically feeds you. Never eat again!
- Sojourner’s Wand Caps: Vis-seeking wand caps that automatically drain nearby nodes.
- Mechanist’s Wand Caps: Wand caps that dramatically increase node draining speed.
How to install:
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- Download and install Thaumcraft Mod
- Download the mod.
- Go to %appdata%.
- Go to .minecraft/mods folder.
- Drag and drop the downloaded jar (zip) file into it.
- If one does not exist you can create one.
- Enjoy the mod.
Thaumic Exploration Screenshots