Elements of Power Mod wants to build a magic system around the raw elements latent in the world. It will be based around two premises.
First, that every object can be decomposed into raw essences:
In this system, Dirt would contain a majority of Earth, but also some Life, to represent the potential of growth.
The second premise, is that each element has a purpose, and can be applied as magic effects:
- Fire: Causes flames on its own, adds explosive energy to the mix.
- Earth: Attracts and compacts.
- Air: Volatile and windy, makes things move.
- Water: Flows endlessly. Can absorb flames.
- Light: Illuminates and protects.
- Darkness: Darkens and weakens.
- Life: Creates and heals.
- Death: Destroys and damages.
By decomposing objects and combining the elements in a certain order inside an amulet or wand, the user of the magic will be able to wield enormous powers, but the elements don’t like to be controlled, and the user’s willpower may not always be strong enough…
Do you dare step over your limit?
- More spell combinations.
- More spell shapes.
- Rituals (spells that require world structures or specific items to be present).