Reconstructor Mod adds a machine that accepts Buildcraft energy (Thermal Expansion conduits can supply this without Buildcraft installed in 1.6.4 – Buildcraft is currently required for 1.7.2) to repair most things with a damage bar.
In 1.7.10, this machine is now RF powered. As of version 2.9 for Minecraft 1.10.2, now uses Forge Energy instead of RF.
- In 1.6.4, two recipes are added (each can be disabled in the config) one using diamond gears (for Buildcraft), the other using invar gears (for Thermal Expansion). In 1.7.10, the Buildcraft recipe is removed and the chest is replaced with a Redstone Reception Coil (as of 2.1 this is now a piece of redstone dust and the gear item is configurable). (As of 2.6, the default “gear” item is now a regular book)
- The default (configurable) energy usage is 50 RF / point of damage repaired. (5 MJ for pre-1.7 versions)
- Will not repair Tinkers Construct tools (now repairable in 2.6!), IC2 non-electric tools, or IC2 or TE charged items, or other non-standard damage items
- Can be configured to restrict repairs to only items which extend from the vanilla classes for tools, armor, bows, and swords.
- (as of 2.1) An op-only command of /recon_blacklist will add the currently held item to a blacklist of items that will not be repaired.
- Items will automatically be ejected from the machine when processing is complete in the following priority:
- (pre-1.7.10) A random Buildcraft pipe (if available)
- (pre-1.7.10) A random adjacent inventory
- (1.7.10 and later) An adjacent inventory in the following order: below, right, behind, left, above (never out the front)
- Launched into the world vertically from the block (like a BC Quarry without adjacent pipes or chests) (this is no longer the case as of 2.9)