Vanilla Immersion is an attractive mod that tries to bring an immersive experience to Vanilla Minecraft like the name suggests. This is achieved by removing any “pop-up” GUI from most blocks. Instead, you are able to directly interact with them from within the world, with your actual hands.
Note: This is an early alpha release, expect issues ranging from lost items to hard crashes! Additionally, all immersive block variants are standalone blocks right now due to issues with MinecraftForge. Except for replacing the actual Vanilla blocks in the future, the replacement will be as seamless as possible and you won’t have to start a new world.
Currently, the following set of blocks has received special treatment from this mod.
Have you ever wondered what that grid on a crafting table is for? Exactly, you are supposed to craft on it; however, unfortunately, when you right click with any item on the correct slot of the grid, it will just open a window. How annoying!
The Immersive Crafting Table has the following features:
- Directly place items on the in-world crafting grid by right-clicking the appropriate slot
- Left-clicking a slot (including the result) will remove the item it currently holds to your inventory
- Sneaking while doing any click will perform the normal action, only with all items from a stack rather than only one of them
- Full support for dragging, just like the Vanilla GUI
- New: Integration with JEI
- Automatic transfer of recipes available through clicking the question mark icon in the lower right-hand side corner
- Limited support for automation through hoppers or other mods
- Crafted items may be extracted from the bottom unless the recipe requires special player data
- On the north, south, west and east side of the crafting table items may be inserted into the adjacent (“middle”) slots
- Items may be inserted into the centre slot from the top face
Like the crafting table, the furnace can now be interacted with directly in the world. In addition to that, you can actually see inside the furnace now, if you ever wondered what’s going in there when you smelt up those precious metals.
The Immersive Furnace has the following features:
- Directly insert items into the respective slot (upper half for input, lower half for fuel)
- Visual indication of remaining fuel (coal will turn lighter, i.e. into ash)
- Parity with Vanilla automation-wise
- Inserting items works just the same
- “Extracting” items will have to be done through a hopper in front of the furnace since it will drop all smelting results into the world
In Vanilla, the anvil isn’t very impressive, just a collection of 4 grey cubes. With this mod, however, you can not only directly do your repairs in-world, you also get a nice preview of what you will receive as output.
The Immersive Anvil has the following features:
- Place inputs on the left side of the anvil
- The object to be repaired/modified will go into the lower half
- The modifier goes into the slot above
- The result of the operation will be displayed translucently on the right-hand side of the anvil. Right click it to take it (will cost you XP, just like Vanilla)
- Items can be named by right clicking the front face of the anvil and by typing text, it will directly be displayed
The Vanilla enchantment table has a fancy book floating above it, but it doesn’t do much expect floating and flipping its pages. How about actually seeing information about the available enchantments on there?
The Immersive Enchantment Table has the following features:
- Insert the item to enchant and potential modifiers (i.e. lapis lazuli) into the table by right clicking it with them
- Enchantments can be selected from each page, flipping the page is simply done by clicking the “button” or the left/right margin of the page
- Information about required experience, lapis lazuli and a guaranteed enchantment can be found among the cryptic text on each page
- Walking too far away from the table will close the book (just like Vanilla) and remove all items inserted
- Upon clicking “Enchant”, a process of about 6 seconds is started to perform the actual enchanting
In Vanilla, the Brewing Stand displays every potion you insert in the same way. This mod changes the look and feel completely.
The Immersive Brewing Stand has the following features:
- Insert/Extract potions/bottles into/from the stand by right clicking the corresponding “tubes” (your selection will be visible)
- Insert/Extract the ingredient by right clicking the little “bowl” on top of the stand. Alternatively, drop the item on top of the bowl
- Insert/Extract the fuel (i.e. blaze powder) by right clicking the “bowl” while it contains an ingredient
- All automation capabilities from Vanilla are retained
- Immersive versions of the remaining Vanilla blocks, excluding chests, hoppers, droppers and dispensers as well as potential Minecart forms of any block. The former is due to the fact that managing these large inventories would just be tedious, the latter is not set in stone, immersive entity variants are unlikely though
- Integration with JEI
- Full support of ‘R’, ‘U’ and other key combos while hovering over an item on the crafting table, the furnace or the anvil
- Configuration options
More posts of Vanilla Immersion Mod :