So you’re probably wondering to yourself “A mod involving clay? No Way! I need all the grey goop I can get for my brick castle!” Well put those tried, burnt hands to rest for a second and think about this: What if you could create your own miniature army out of clay and stage the most epic battles imaginable in a space small enough to be your backyard? Now before you accuse us of being a madman, take a look at this mod. Read ahead through the thread, and you’ll see just what kind of violent mayhem you can cause with just a few simple materials plucked right from the ground.
This mod is for the Minecraft ver. 1.4.2. Do not use this mod besides 1.4.2.You may use an older version for an older Minecraft, but we won’t give support when you do this.
This mod needs some requirements to run properly:
- Latest Version of
- Recommented Build of
- Latest version of
- Install first!
- Drop the zip file into the mods folder in your .minecraft directory, i.e. C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\mods
- Play Minecraft.
- Navigate to the bin folder of your .minecraft directory, i.e. C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\bin
- MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR MINECRAFT.JAR!
- Open up the minecraft.jar with a decompression program, i.e. 7zip
- Install , if it’s not happend yet.
- Delete the META-INF folder! (if it’s still there)
- Copy all files and directories from the zip into the minecraft.jar.
- Save and close minecraft.jar
- Now start Minecraft. Done.
Configure the mod!
Yes, since 6.1 it is possible to configure the IDs for this mod in a text file! Here are the instructions:
The mod creates on the first start of minecraft with it a file names “config.txt” in the “.minecraft/mods/Clay Soldiers Mod/” directory (client) respectively “[directory_with_minecraft_server.jar]/mods/Clay Soldiers Mod/” directory (server).
To configure the Mod, open up the config.txt with a text editor of your choice (I recommend Notepad++). The file should look like this:
CLAY SOLDIERS MOD CONFIG.TXT VER 1.0 ---------------- [ Item IDs ] CLAY SOLDIERS MOD CONFIG.TXT VER 1.1 ---------------- [ Item IDs ] # disruptor = 6849 # soldierDoll = 6850 # horseDoll = 6851 # pegasusDoll = 6852 # brickDoll = 6853 # clayCookie = 6854 # turtleDoll = 6855 # bunnyDoll = 6856 # geckoDoll = 6857 # shield = 6860 # clayNexus = 6862 # shearBlade = 6863
Under [ Item IDs ] you can edit the IDs for all items from this mod.
An awesome Trailer by cherchell58:
A very well made mod review by EnigmaticMiner
(Note that this video featured here is part 1 of 3!)
- add Creative Tab for Clay Soldiers (incl. custom background)
- add new Config and Language Manager
- fix: make coal soldiers craftable with charcoal
- gave passive fire immunity to all non-fruit based turtles
- buff blaze powder attacks to deal 100 damage to diamond soldiers, up from 15
- change corrupt sound to zombie
- idle sound added for corrupt soldiers
- fix: music disks not playing music
- make neutral mount/companion nexus detect type, so that a max 15 dirt horse spawner will work even if there are 30 sand horses around
- rotation fixed on the nexus (it won’t have a random rotation after placing anymore)
- arm swinging on soldiers works again
- bricks give motionless core to disable knockback on self and disable movement
- string as a core, incompatible with only iron ingot, resists one explosion (will still allow the soldier to ride a mount, use a feather, or float with pants)
- fix: shear blades being held in wrong hand
- wheat seeds make the soldier not become a zombie when killed by zombies
- Geckos are no longer the only mount without a secret ability
- repaired camouflaged effect on soldiers with eggs