Pokémon Cobalt and Amethyst is a 1.8.8 single player map that recreates the original Pokémon RPG in vanilla Minecraft. This includes battling, capturing, and training Pokémon, fighting trainers, and challenging Gym Leaders and, ultimately, the Pokémon League. The map places itself in a never-before-seen region dominated by an evil force threatening to release a Legendary darkness. Seek the truth with the help of the region’s Professor and your rival – either capture it before it’s too late, or take Team Tempest down while saving the lives of those closest to you.
NB: You are about to download the YouTuber’s Edition of this map (e.g., features an EXP Boost for a faster experience). To play the full version, please refer here.
Map Settings And Requirements:
- Version: 1.8.8 vanilla Minecraft single player. Please do not use any other resource packs or mods (Optifine is recommended)
- Allocate at least 2 GB RAM
- Estimated gameplay time: < 10 hours (YouTuber’s Edition)
- Chat settings (this may be adjusted according to your Minecraft client’s resolution): Scale: 100%; Focused Height: 120px; Unfocused Height: 100px; Width: 320px
- Set your language to U.S. English
- Set view distance to at least 16 chunks, and FOV to normal
- Set the volume for ‘Music’ to 0
- Do NOT backtrack in chat. This generally includes attempting to click buttons in previous chat logs. Avoid spam clicking buttons. Previous chat logs serve as memory only
- Do not quit out of the map in the middle of dialogue/cutscene, function, or battle. This will break the map (if this occurs to you, please contact me immediately)
- If there is a clickable arrow in the most recent chat log, you must click it before doing anything else
- All Items work via right-click, except the Bike which is activated by dropping it (default key: Q)
To avoid or remedy any game-breaking glitches, MAKE FREQUENT BACKUPS of the map. Bug tracker.