Extra Creatures Mod adds more mobs to your world. Most of them can be quite… lethal.
The Fire Whirl:
- Type: Monster
- HP: 16(8 hearts)
- Attack: contact: 4(burn), melee: 6(fire)+7(burn)+x(fall)
- Drops: Blaze Powder(0-2, if killed by player)
- Abilities: Slow Fall, No knockback, Only susceptible to water, magic and explosion damage
- Behavior: Aggressive(all not fire immune)
- Spawn: Nether
This mob spawns in the nether less commonly than pigmen. It consists of a whirling mass of flames. Since it has no solid form it can ONLY be damaged by water, magic and explosion damage. It is aggressive vs any mob that isn’t fire resistant and can make quite a massacre if it slips into the overworld. It’s attacks will throw the victim into the air like an iron golem. The best strategy is to drink a fire resistance potion as the whirls will ignore you and ones that are already targeting you will be unable to do damage. If you manage to kill one of these it will drop blaze powder.
- Type: Creature, Arthropod
- HP: 16(8 hearts)
- Attack: melee: 2(prey only), explosion: 1-59
- Drops: Gunpowder(0-2), Spider Eye(0-1, if killed by player)
- Abilities: Wall Climb, Explosive Defense
- Behavior: Passive, Predator(cats, parrots)
- Spawn: Jungle
The Bombardier Beetle can be found roaming the jungle looking for its prey. It feeds on ocelots and parrots, being completely passive to everything else. If attacked the Bombardier beetle will produce an explosion with the strength of TNT and then flee. The explosion is released only if the attacker is in melee range and the blow did not kill the beetle. Bombardier beetles are immune to their own explosions. The beetles use vibrant colors and a creeper face mark on their back to warn of approaching creatures.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.