Scannable Mod adds a single scanner item and a couple of scanner modules. Using the scanner will bring up a couple of overlays highlighting nearby points of interest, such as animals, monsters and ores, depending on the installed modules. It’s very simple and a small light weight mod!
It provides a scanner item that can survey the nearby area for points of interest. Scan results are visualized for a short while in a clean and readable manner, either as in-world highlights or appropriately positioned overlays. What results are shown depends on the modules in the scanner. Up to three modules may be installed at the same time.
Default modules include:
- Animal detection (e.g. cows, pigs)
- Monster detection (e.g. zombies, creepers)
- Entity detection (configurable to a specific entity)
- Common ore detection (e.g. coal, iron)
- Rare ore detection (e.g. gold, diamond)
- Fluid detection (e.g. water, lava)
- Block detection (configurable to a specific block)
- Structure detection (e.g. villages)
- Range booster
How to install Scannable Mod:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.