Pokécube is a mod which adds Pokémobs to Minecraft. It provides a blocky, real-time and fun experience where you are playing in 3D environment where you can interact and catch Pokémons.
Pokémon, and all the name used in this mod belong to Nintendo. At the moment, it has more than 50 mobs. Statistics follow the original game as long as it’s possible. More than 50 moves are implemented with their respective animation.
Control a mob:
- You can make mobs fight by launching a filled pokécube on another mob
- Right-click to ask it to stay/move
- Left-click to get it back in its pokécube
- Tamed Pokémobs out of their pokécube defend you if you’re attacked
- Some mobs can be mounted and few of them can be ridden (this feature is removed in the current version but will be restored later)
- During a fight, you can tell your mob which attack to execute and recall it in real-time (no game pause)
The 4 types of Pokécubes: Pokécube, Greatcube, Ultracube, Mastercube
Most of the original game mechanics and statistics work the same way including:
- Pokécube catch rates
- Pokecube tilts while catching the mob
- damage (with type efficiency, power of the attack, stats of the mob…)
- statistics of the mobs
- experience and level up (only the Pokémob who give the last hit to KO earns XP)
- Fight learn follows the 4th gen rules. Only implemented moves are actually learnt.
- a Pokémob does not earn XP if he fights a non-Poké mob
Life bar above the mob:
- the life bar turn yellow, orange and finally red while the mob looses life
- a blue bar under the life bar represents the XP. When the bar is completed, the mob levels up
- the level is displayed on the left under the life bar
- The HPs are displayed on the right under the life bar
- A wild mob doesn’t display its XP bar and its HPs
- A wild mob only displays its life bar and level if it’s very close to you.
a Pokedex Item and its GUI:
- Displays all implemented mobs with their name, model, pokedex number and sound
- If used on a tamed mob, also displays its statistics and moves
- Moves order and nickname can be edited
Evolutionary stones are craftable except some of them. Other stones have to be found by other means.
Berries can be found in growing in the grass. They don’t effect at the moment.
All moves have a specific animation.
Tackle is the default move if none of the moves above is known by the mob.
Heal table block called “Pokecenter”
Translation files for more than 25 languages
The pokemobs can fall in love and lay an egg that will hatch if stays for a while on the ground. Eggs can also be picked up and placed by right click. The mother stays around her egg.
The sounds and mobs sizes are taken from the Pokédex in the game
- Miltank (but the model is just a cow)
- Download and install Minecraft Forge.
- The mod removes all the other mobs from the game. So, it’s kind of incompatible with other mods which add mobs (and that’s a good point).
- At the loading of a new world or when you join a server for the first time, a screen will be displayed in order to make you choose your starter.
- You’ll also get some empty pokecubes and a healing table.
- Control your Pokemob is an easy thing. Launch the pokecube (right clic), the Pokemob appears.
- If you launch it against another mob, it will attack it. Else, it stays in the place and doesn’t move.
- Per right clic on the mob (if you’re close enough), you can allow it to move or to stop (as a dog in Minecraft). Per left clic, you get it back to its pokecube.
- The mod is multilingual, so if your native language is implemented yet you can display the Pokemon names and the moves in the way you know them.
When the mob’s out:
- Above the mob, the health bar and the Health Points on the right are displayed.
- A second blue bar displays the experience. When the bar is full, the mob levels up.
- On the left, the level is displayed. If it’s blue, it’s a boy, if it’s pink, it’s a girl, and if it’s grey it has no gender.
- Wild Pokemobs don’t display their experience bars and neither their HP.
- Tamed Pokemobs display their HP only to their owner.
- A tamed Pokemob defends its owner against agressive mobs. Sometimes, it’s so fast that it attacks even before the enemy could hit you. Be careful, I said “sometimes” !
- A Pokemob defends itself if its attacked.
- A Pokemob hits one target at the time and can’t hurt the others. So the Pikachu’s thunder and the Voltorb explosion are not a danger as long as you’re not the target.
Pokemobs spawn and despawn in the way animals used to do before Minecraft Beta 1.7.
Their level depends on the distance from the spawn point and they are very agressive. So avoid to go too far too fast without having evolved your pokemons (and your armor).
Ah l’amour !
- Pokemobs can fall in love. But only with another Pokemob from the same evolution set and from the opposite gender. Baby (Pichu for example) and no-gendered pokemobs can’t breed.
- The female lays an egg and stays around it to hen. But you can pick it up.
- You can then put it wherever you want by right click. After a while, it will hatch.
- Breeding is something natural that can happen in the wild. It’s not rare to find eggs or to meet weak Pokemobs newly born. You can also put a pair of mobs into a pen to make them breed.
- Attention ! A newly born Pokemob is never tamed. So it can attack you.
- To begin a fight, there are two ways.
- The first one is to launch a filled pokecube against a wild Pokemob. The fight starts between the two mobs.
- The second is to get one or severals of your friends out of their pokecube and to attack a wild Pokemob. The agressed Pokemob will defend itself and will be taken as target by all your loyal defenders.
- The moves are learnt by level up following the rules of the 4th generation.
- Some moves are not implemented yet and then can’t be learnt.
- Your Pokemobs out of their pokecubes and not sat are displayed in a little gui on the topleft corner. With left and right arrows, you can select one of your mobs, and then with top and bottom arrows, you can select the move to execute. Type “Enter” or click on it to call it back. All these keybindings are modifiable in the options.
- The rules follow the Pokemon rules, including XP earning, IV and EV and base stats for damage calculation.
- Types advantages are as important as in Pokémon. So, choose well your fighter.
- The XP is earned only by the ultimate hitter before KO. Only fights between Pokemobs will give XP.
- Baby Pokemobs can’t fight, they only play! They’re useless but cute, aren’t they ?
Gotta catch’em all!
- The goal of the game is, of course, to catch a maximum of them and to complete your achievements.
- Nothing’s easier, just throw an empty pokecube onto a wild Pokemob.
- Here again, the catch rates follow the rules from Pokemon. So it’s a good point to weaken it before.
- In case of fail, the pokecube tilts as a true pokeball would have done. 3 tilts = you weren’t so far.
More information: Go to Pokécube Mod wiki page
More posts of Pokécube Mod :