Mutant Creatures Mod adds many different creatures that are buffed up versions of Minecraft’s original mobs! These mini-bosses bring greater challenges for the players, but along with that greater rewards. Each mob drops a special item that the player can use to his or her advantage.
Gunpowder… Spice… And everything nice. These were the ingredients chosen to create the perfect creeper minion. But Professor HippoMaster accidentally added an extra ingredient to the concoction… Chemical X! Thus the Mutant Creatures Mod were born.
This is a very neat mod that adds a whole new dynamic to mobs in Minecraft. It allows for rare but random spawns of mutated mobs. To spawn one manually this mod also adds a new potion, Chemical X, which when thrown at a mob will either mutate or kill it.
The mutations are both physical and in abilities. Each new mutant is now significantly stronger and has new, more powerful attacks. They could be considered boss mobs now and would probably work exceptionally well if implemented in an adventure mode game.
How to install:
- Make sure you have already installed Minecraft Forge and AnimationAPI.
- Locate the minecraft application folder.
- On windows open Run from the start menu, type %appdata% and click Run.
- On mac open finder, hold down ALT and click Go then Library in the top menu bar. Open the folder Application Support and look for Minecraft.
- Place the mod you have just downloaded (.jar file) into the Mods folder.
- When you launch Minecraft and click the mods button you should now see the mod is installed.