Colorful Mobs aims to diversify your Minecraft world through the addition of a new and simplistic color mechanic. This new color mechanic allows all entities to be given altered color properties, which will change how they appear in game. Colorful Mobs uses the RGBA system for coloring mobs, which means players have access to 16777216 different colors, along with a varying degree of transparency.
- Mobs can spawn in the world naturally with any random color!
- Dye Powder which can be used to dye any mob!
- Dyed mobs will drop a Dye Powder with the same color that mob had.
- Random Dye which can be used to apply a random color to a mob.
- Ghost Dust which can be used to make mobs transparent.
- Color Wand, a tool for setting precise color settings.
- The ability for only certain mobs to spawn with color effects. [Disabled by default]
- The ability to dye other players! [disabled default]
- Fully working on both Client, Server and Lan!
- Fully functioning config file, and in game config GUI.
- Brand new achievements!
- New dungeon loot.
- Fully functional configuration file, along with in game config gui.
With this mod, you can alter the configuration from inside the game, using the forge configuration gui. The current configuration options are as follows.
- Spawned Colored Mobs, if true, mobs will have a chance to spawn with a pre-existing color on them.
- Dyed Spawn Chance, this is the percent chance that a mob will spawn with a pre-existing color effect.
- Drop Dye Powder, if true, mobs will drop a powder item when they die, equal to their color object.
- Dyeable Players, if true, it will be possible for players to be dyed.
- Limit To Valid Mobs, if true, only mobs on the valid mob list can spawn with pre-existing colors.
- Craft Blank Dye, if true, players will be able to craft the default dye powder. Requires a restart to change.
- Craft Data Checker, if true, players will be able to craft the data checker. Requires a restart to change.
- Clone Dyes, if true, players will be able to use the copy dye color recipe. Requires a restart to change.
- Valid Mob List, this is a list of entity names. If Limit To Valid Mobs is true, only mobs on this list can spawn with pre-existing colors. Use the Data Checker to get these entity names.